You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Not bike riding weather

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Not bike riding weather

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:38 pm

So as i havent been on cb500 since tuesday as winter snow has set in ....so riding bike not an option, ive a sickly cb500s in shed with suspect faulty coil or elec fault . ive an 8by8 metal shed which  is like an icebox, i have to take my fireblade out  leave it outside under a cover...if i want to work on cb500s also ive my trusty cb500v outside under two covers .... hope this winter weather will end soon Twisted Evil  ..we have had red alert here weather wise last couple days so i havent been in work...
Jameshambleton

Re: Not bike riding weather

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:51 pm

North of Belfast and it's grand little to no snow here, @Beresford what's the A2 coast road like near you? Might ride it tomorrow depending on the wind?
tt fan
Godly
Godly

Post by tt fan on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 9:33 pm

I saw a bloke out today doing that 15-20 mph thing with both feet down. Fair play i wouldn't have fancied it - was bad enough driving the car!
Crash- Elmit
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by Crash- Elmit on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:22 pm

I hope it's cleared somewhat by tuesday. I have a medical at Cummins Diesel after being offered a job there, and they work on the basis of "if you miss an appointment or take a day or time off in your 3 month probation period you do not get taken on or an extension to your contract" I have already been to Daventry for the original interview in the first lot of snow we had here but it had not layed on the ground to the extent it is now and it's going to be fun getting the bike away from the kerb outside the house due to how cars have forced the snow to pile up.

On a side note, I have never seen my bike covered in so much crud as it got on that journey. It's still filthy as the weather is just too awful to be outside cleaning it. my helmit and textiles looked like I have been off-roading
Fair Weather Rider
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 9:21 am

Winter started for me at the end of November and unless the temp gets to between 8 & 10 degrees that will be when riding season will start.
I am fortunate that being retired I don't have to commute, I do feel for those of you that have to ride to get to work. Hope you make you medical Crash-Elmit.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:38 am

@Jameshambleton wrote:North of Belfast and it's grand little to no snow here, @Beresford what's the A2 coast road like near you? Might ride it tomorrow depending on the wind?
Yesterday was fine James, but it has been snowing here for the past few hours and I haven't been that way today. I have to drive to Fermanagh later and I'm not really looking forward to that even though I had the car heater sorted out yesterday (faulty thermostat - something that's never happened to me before) and the heater is now toasty.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 1:48 pm

Drive's covered in black ice so I decided to call it quits, should be better next week temp wise. Starts warming up more tomorrow onwards. a toasty 4c on tuesday =D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Apr 2018, 3:47 am