You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Bar end weight recommendation?

fgclark123
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Bar end weight recommendation?

Post by fgclark123 on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 4:16 am

Hi there, since swapping hand guards for bar end weights, a wobble started, so, back to the weights...

Can anyone recommend a pair that work with the CB5? Seems originals are hard to come by.

I'm convinced the wobble/vibration factor is linked, I want to get it right and not just go cheap.

Thanks
Old Wobbly
Squiddy
Squiddy

Re: Bar end weight recommendation?

Post by Old Wobbly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 9:35 am

Hi there,
Like you, I have fitted hand guards to my cb500s which are good for winter riding. I take them off for the summer which is a 10 minute job. However I leave the Honda bar weights on and fix one end of the guard onto the end of the bar weight using a longer bolt into the standard bar end fixing located in the handlebar. The other fixing is via the clutch and front brake lever assemblies.
The point is, that to combat vibration you will probably need to start with original Honda bar end weights as they work!  There are 2 types, a short version which is normally used for a naked bike and the longer version for the faired cb. I found by trial and error that the short version works better, i.e. damping and wiggle room for the guards without the brake/clutch lever arms interfering with fit. Dave Silver spares is the source for original Honda bar ends. Not cheap.
fgclark123
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by fgclark123 on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:37 am

Nice one, thanks, good idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:29 am