You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

First bike!

Slowj

First bike!

Post by Slowj on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:36 am

Hello everyone!
My first post here, and I'm 25 about to finish my license and want a cb500 as my first bike!

I want it for commuting, I do 100kms daily and pay about 150€ monthly for transportation, would I be able to save any money or equal that by using the bike? If I spend a bit more but save time it doesn't matter, it's almost 2 hours in public transportation...
Always wanted a bike, and a Honda one. Do you think it's a good first bike? I'm looking at this one olx.pt/anuncio/honda-cb-500-IDB8KjZ.html at the moment!

Thanks in advance, the cb500 is beautiful!!
Fair Weather Rider
the 800
the 800

Re: First bike!

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:56 am

Welcome to the Forum.
You can't go wrong with a CB500, reliable and easy to ride and a very capable machine.
I don't ride mine that quick and I get 65 miles to the gallon, I find it very cheap to run.
You will here all the other members on the Forum sing it's praises too.
Go for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ZekeVal
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ZekeVal on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

Hello Slowj and welcome here!

The CB is also my first bike, and I'm loving it !
If you plan on learning to do your maintenance yourself, it's a really cheap way to commute indeed.
It depends on your insurance cost as well, try getting some quotes from different companies.

For your commute costs, know that the CB fuel consumption is somewhere around 4-5L/100km (personnaly at ~4.1 on the last 20000km).

Hope that helps Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Sep 2018, 2:05 pm