Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Really am selling my cb500s this time :(

steady Eddy
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Really am selling my cb500s this time :(  Empty Really am selling my cb500s this time :(

Post by steady Eddy on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 3:53 pm

Got T-boned by our friend Mr White (van man) while cycling to my local shop before Christmas and am unable to ride so am selling.

Also could do with the cash as the bloody scumbag has gone from excepting liability at the scene to denying liability when i claimed Sad

Anywhoose its an 2002  red cb500sy with about 35k on the clock, has a new front tyre (about 100 miles on, newish back (400-600), its done about 1.5k on DID chain and jt sprockets, new TEC rear shocks fitted only a few months before accident and a new rear disk at last mot. Will come with 12 months MOT, oh and it will come with a new battery......will be advertising it for £950 but will take a bit less from a friendly forum member.

This is an old pic as ive not got a new one as the bike is right at the back of the garage and i havent the strength to get it out yet.

Really am selling my cb500s this time :(  20150710

Last edited by steady Eddy on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
street_moto
street_moto
Squiddy
Squiddy

Really am selling my cb500s this time :(  Empty Re: Really am selling my cb500s this time :(

Post by street_moto on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

Looks very nice and sounds well sorted, just up the road from me too, wish this had come up sooner, was on the lookout a few months back!
Bargain for someone! Hope you recover well!
Regards Dave
wornsprokets
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Really am selling my cb500s this time :(  Empty Re: Really am selling my cb500s this time :(

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 11:27 pm

Man, thats bad injury, hope you take that guy to cleaners Twisted Evil
Crash- Elmit
Crash- Elmit
the 900
the 900

Post by Crash- Elmit on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:06 am

If the scrote is now denying responsibility i hope you have witnesses
tt fan
tt fan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by tt fan on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:19 am

Sorry to hear of the sad reason for having to sell your bike!
Looks tidy!
I wish you luck with your claim (some people hey?)
And most of all a speedy recovery!
steady Eddy
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:36 pm

Thanks guys, no witnesses unfortunately.

Also unfortunate is the fact that the police did not prosecute...how he can exit a give way straight into a cyclist in a cycle lane with the excuse of "i did not see him" and not get done for undue care and attention i will never know!....but spose i should be glad he stopped as i would never of been able to identify the reg etc in all that drama
Fair Weather Rider
Fair Weather Rider
the 900
the 900

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:29 pm

Stock answer: I didn't see you mate or as it is better known SMIDSY.

Hope you make a speedy recovery.
muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 10:04 pm

Hi, get well soon.

Fwiw I witnessed a bike accident over a year ago (posted on here about it) and it wasn't resolved by last December. I've spoken to both solicitors and as everyone was at fault (or at least could have driven/ridden a little better) both parties have a case so it'll be a percentage of blame thing...will get sorted one day!
steady Eddy
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 4:33 pm

SOLD- To a friendly gentleman from staffs who bought it for his son. Have directed him to this site with my full recommendation as you guys are brill.

Hopefully though he will have no need to ask questions regarding problems too soon.

Well thats it for me and my lovely CB, i have not felt like this since i was last dumped by a girlfriend tbh, big hole in my life and all that Sad Anywhoose you guys have been great and you never know i might get another CB5 one day and return to your welcoming arms. But my heart is set on a high pipe hornet when i am able to ride again.

Thank you all again Smile
Edd
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 4:57 pm

Glad you've sold it and which hornet are you going for the 600 or the 900?
steady Eddy
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 5:56 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:which hornet are you going for the 600 or the 900?

600 and not the one with the small wheel
Ogmios
Ogmios

Post by Ogmios on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 11:42 am

1./ Sorry to hear of your run in with the 4 wheeler. Sad
2./ Sad/glad (?!) you got her sold quick.

3./    so THAT'S what my Bike is supposed to look like! Laughing 

All the best to you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jun 2019, 9:09 pm