You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Security issues

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Security issues

Post by muttley1 on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 8:29 pm

Hi all,

and as above really. I'm going to keep my cb5 in the front porch of my house this summer - easy access first thing. The porch is external and I'll be locking the bike up with chain to a ground anchor, with a disclock on the front. I've a cover too.

So, this should be enough to deter people but I'd like to have some sort of monitoring too. Its a terraced house so plenty of people walking past and our street gets anti social stuff every so often. I'm thinking of one of those battery operated wildlife cameras, they have motion sensor activation and record to sd card. The alternative would be to wire in a camera of some sort and have loop recording, which seems a bit much for day to day.

Anyone got ideas or do this sort of thing already? Also, where to look for a camera (Countrywide or Argos?!)

Cheers

muttley1
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Security issues

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:17 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Make sure you tell your insurance company, just in case.

Can't help much with the CCTV - I know that such things (SDcard recording/WiFi cameras) are out there but I haven't got one... I know you can get fake CCTV cameras! Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 11:27 pm

Dont think cameras help much...sure with s---s wearing hoodies as they mostly do cant identify them.i dont think i buy camera system from argos...there stuff is not best in general... a good house alarm....and led pir lights  be a good option too
GollyGosh
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by GollyGosh on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:45 pm

+1 on cameras not helping.

Perhaps a magnetic switch on the patio door rigged to a battery and bell loud enough for the scroats to hear and loud enough to wake you at 4am.  Though it probably wouldn't stop an experienced thief with the right knowledge.

Personally I'm looking to get a contract free tracker as the bike is more likely to get stolen when not disc locked and chained to an anchor at home.

I'm probably hopefully going to get one  from FyrD****  that you can track it to its location with the Police in attendance and that you can remotely sound the horn or a built in siren to prove the location the police then can force an entry to recover the bike without waiting for a search warrant.

Last edited by GollyGosh on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated due to following post from James)
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 2:59 pm

@GollyGosh wrote:
I'm probably going to get the mid-range one from FyrDraca on price and the fact they discretely fit it at your home/work address.

Do NOT get one, I've been involved with this shit from the start with fyrdraca, long story short he's conned his "friends" into buying these, then dumped them and then sold these units at the price you see on their site. It's just cheepo's on ebay that he's installing at a massive markup. He wraps them up in a big bag ffs, if I were at home I'd send you all the evidence that I have.
He also sets you up with a giffgaff sim that's in his name so he can still monitor the location of the tracker via monitoring the text messages that the device sends.
GollyGosh
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by GollyGosh on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:13 pm

Thanks for the heads up James.  I was going to ask the forums opinion before going ahead.  Now it will be a diifferent post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Apr 2018, 3:56 am