You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hello from moi in Normandie

motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Hello from moi in Normandie

Post by motofan on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:21 pm

Hello everyone! 
My name is Dave, I was born in Guisborough when it was in Yorkshire in '53, long time ago.
I've lived in France for the past 24 years, I do like it here(miss fish&chips and a decent pint) and it's great biking territory!
I have and ride four bikes obviously a CB500 1996 which I've just bought, an Aprilia RSV Mille '02 a bit fast for the road but is slower than most round the Bugatti circuit at Le Mans! (At least with me aboard!), my serious bike a K75 RT it just goes ie. to Scotland last year and the south of France numerous times Alps next year! Lastly, something I love but is a bit vibratory to ride a G80CS Matchless from 1954 that I restored last year, great for blatting around the little roads here and waking everyone up! 
Let's see if I can upload some pics:
Two out of four! Doh!
motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

intro

Post by motofan on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 7:30 pm

There they are, thought I'd lost them!
That's Somme mud on the BM, a swine to get off, the lads in the trenches must have taken ages to get it off! Bit of unscheduled green laning there and not advisable on a great fat lump like that.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Hello from moi in Normandie

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 7:50 pm

Hello!

CB5 should be a great addition to your stable!
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 7:57 pm

How's it going Dave, welcome! Smile
motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Thanks

Post by motofan on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, it's a bit cold here for riding now, just goes to show what a softie I've become. I bought the CB 'cos it's unfaired, the BM is infernal in the summer behind the screen, but the little riding I've done on it has been such fun I think it'll be getting plenty of use next year. Also I was impressed with the performance of the one owned by my friend Doug who kept overtaking me the first year I rode my Aprilia at Le Mans: look:
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

Great selection of bikes and welcome to the forum
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

Welcome dave....nice collection of bikes..very clean cb....lovey place where you live...i like to visit battle fields there at some stage...as i like my history....and i say roads are amazing too
motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by motofan on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:29 pm

Thanks Wornsprockets, Yes, the invasion beaches are impressive, there's so much "stuff" remaining, the mulberry harbour at Arrromanches, the German batterie at Longues and of course the cemeteries, very poignant! There's even a bridge over a small river near us that is a trellis girder section of the mulberry harbour roadway! If you do visit give me a shout .

My Honda has only one wornsprocket, the one on the gearbox. The teeth look like they'd be good for minute surfers, apart from that everything seems, if not Hunky, then Dory. There was loads of transmission snatch and clutch noise so I stuffed and welded some washers in the cush drive springs (lovely bodge) but it's worked ! Like I say I'm looking forward to the spring and a bit warmer weather.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

There a twin very lumpy and vibey cold.. and chain can get hard time make sure good brand...ive cb500v 50k (97) and cb500's with 21k. .when i went from my old fireblade to cb... took while to get use to twin engine cb500....cb a great bike....my friends have aprilla millies say there great one of them sold his bought it back again(millie) as he missed it
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:56 pm

My cb 500s had 3 teeth gone in front sproket no way could you ride it.  It was left up for years.. (not started in (6/7yrs)when i got it was in bad way...tyres gone fork seals gone chain sprokets gone wheel bearings...stator failing.... neutral switch... really i should have broke it.  But with 19k on clock i decided to save it
motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by motofan on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm

I was worried mine was misfiring as it was rattly on tickover and the lumpy running sub 4k revs but the mechanic at the local bike shop said it's fine, it went much better after that. It's all in the head isn't it?
I can see why you didn't want to give up on yours, they are real fun aren't they?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 8:46 pm

Yes there very good bikes but most look terrible from poor italian build quality... just as well the engine solid and they handle great.  There rattly at tick over pull clutch it see any better....honda clutch rattle... when i change from blade to either cb think there missing just in head....if ur rear shocks are bad try tec shocks cheap as chips and very good
motofan
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by motofan on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 10:17 am

It has Hagons fitted, they're not leaking and work OK so all right for the timebeing.
I forgot, as well as the clutch I found holes in one exhaust header so I cut it out and pieced a bit of steel in, made no difference to the running!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Oct 2018, 7:36 am