Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Brake pads what ones

cj haughey
Squiddy
Squiddy

Brake pads what ones

Post by cj haughey on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

Well folks it is time to put some front brake pads on the cb. It is a 98 model with the brembo and looking for recommendations as it is used on mountain roads so no mad speeds but a nice bit of stopping needed.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Brake pads what ones

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:48 pm

Always used EBC myself, never a problem.
Here's a link
cj haughey
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by cj haughey on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Was looking at ebc but what is the difference in everyday use of the kevlar vs sintered ones.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:52 pm

Cj.... check out motorcycleshop.ie....they do service kit for cb 500... i use ebc pads... think high performance pads wear out disc... racing lads on here will tell you for sure... i find  front pads dont last long... ive braided line up front too
cj haughey
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by cj haughey on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:04 pm

Cheers for that as I have got a good few bits off central motorcycles and they have been very good to me so might give them the business.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm

The organic/kevlar (or *normal* as they might be better called) pads can tend to work better in cold conditions/when they are not warmed up and give better feedback in some situations.

The 'HH' (or sintered) pads are the ones with the most friction - yes, they will wear your disc faster, but if you want absolutely the most stopping power and reduced heat fading then you should go for these.

Personally I find the organic/kevlar ones fine for normal on-road on the CB500, so I would go for them.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:The organic/kevlar (or *normal* as they might be better called) pads can tend to work better in cold conditions/when they are not warmed up and give better feedback in some situations.

The 'HH' (or sintered) pads are the ones with the most friction - yes, they will wear your disc faster, but if you want absolutely the most stopping power and reduced heat fading then you should go for these.

Personally I find the organic/kevlar ones fine for normal on-road on the CB500, so I would go for them.
All the above is true. I found that sintered pads had worn my disc out in 10,000 miles as I thought I had to have the best. Nonsense. I'm not racing on the road and the organics do a great job for normal use without f*****g up the disc.
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Busby on Fri 27 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

Interesting point about sintered pads, as Ive just put the EBC sintered on my bike, compared to the ones which were on, (very worn ones) the stopping power is vastly improved. However if they do wear the standard discs quickly I will change them as pads are far cheaper than discs! 
If you wanted to improve the front disc from the standard is this possible?scratch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:17 am