Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Route planner anyone?

fgclark123
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Route planner anyone?

Post by fgclark123 on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:04 pm

Just planning a ride out, plus an air bnb, and more riding. Im heading down to devon. Thing is, I find that with these rides, it's hard to keep off the A-roads. I really don't mind 100 miles on the small roads, enjoying the scenes, stopping for a pub etc. But without planning, somehow I always end up being flitered onto the larger roads.

Does anyone know a route planning app or book or what have you, to help me know only the B roads of the UK? Some like the B660 run for 40 miles, so if there was a way, string them together...

Any ideas?
Thanks
GollyGosh
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Re: Route planner anyone?

Post by GollyGosh on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:06 pm

Have a look at https://www.viamichelin.co.uk/

In Options you can choose: shortest route which often includes B roads; Avoid motorways (including fast dual carriageways)

Perhaps someone can recommend an App, if not, try searching for 'motorcycle route planner'

Years ago I had a Tomtom which had a shortest route option - more twists and turns than a plate of spaghetti...
fgclark123
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by fgclark123 on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

great one thanks
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 10:51 pm

Have a look at this as well https://calimoto.eu/en/

It does have some slightly crap aspects like the way the search works is in need of improvement, especially with post codes, but it does work pretty well for the kinds of routes you're talking about. 

It's not free if you want maps of the whole of UK, but I think for free you can get just one particular area if you want to try it out.
Reabo

Post by Reabo on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:28 am

Best biking roads have a website and an app. Users rate roads by enjoyment and police presence. Does roads worldwide, it's awesome.  Google best biking roads.
For route planning use tyre. I use the free version but you can pay for a few extra benefits if you want. Will upload routes straight to garmin or tom tom sat navs. I plan everything from day trips to week long tours with these two and load onto my satnav and go.
fgclark123
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by fgclark123 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

brilliant thanks
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 5:34 pm

Personally I this but I've ridden every road within a reachable area within a day and backs travel, it's pretty spot on http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/united-kingdom-__134.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm