Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Displaced wheel

Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Displaced wheel

Post by Hcb on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:55 pm

(Sorry for my English..)

This morning, an idiot with a truck, threw my bike to the ground, or at least this is what some witnesses said.

When I saw the bike, everything seemed fine, but when driving, I noticed that the wheel was shifted to the right.

Okay, I felt something serious happening.

The mechanic did something curious .. He hit the wheel against the wall 3 times, and the wheel returned to its correct place.

Well, I'm really angry because my CB is not just a bike for me, but I try to be practical. Do you think that what the mechanic did is reliable in the long run? How can you return everything to its correct place with 3 strokes?

Nothing seems bent, no forks or direction.

I drive the bike with my wife, and I feel the bike could put us in danger.

Thank you all.
Jameshambleton

Re: Displaced wheel

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:35 pm

He just realigned everything just quickly, the alternative is to lift up the front end in the air, undo every bolt on the yokes, axle bolt and the caliper ect to realign it.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:24 am

Re tightening the fasteners from the bottom. 
Starting with the wheel spindle and working your way up normally straightens everything up
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Thanks all.

I have put the front wheel in the air, and it moves very slowly, as if it were braking.

I have been lucky, but unfortunately, the wheel is deformed. The tire is fine, and the forks too, but the wheel is deformed and I will have to buy one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:01 pm