Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Sold my CB500

Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Sold my CB500

Post by Busby on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

Sold my 99 Cb500 2 weeks ago Sad , became so depressed, I just had to buy another!Laughing Picking it up from Madrid on Wednesday, then a 4hour run to Valencia, in the rain apparently for the ferry back to Palma. That should give it a good shake down run! will keep you informed on progress. B.
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Re: Sold my CB500

Post by Hcb on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 12:57 am

Fantastic. It is something I have thought to do, buy a beautiful cb500 of impeccable state, but my old CB still works well. There is a lot of romance in an old engine.
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Busby on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:13 am

Picked up the "new bike" from the owner in Madrid yesterday, in the middle of a thunderstorm! Never buy a car or bike in the rain my late dad us to say! Well mate you were wrong this time!
After checking all was as we had discussed I was not that keen on getting off as you can imagine, with a constant waterfall from the sky coming down and 350+ kms to drive to Valencia for the ferry. Grit teeth and get on with it kind of decision was made. 
The bike took everything the weather gave and I asked of it. 
Considering it had only done 600km in the last 2 years and by the state of the tyres, the guy had never taken a corner at speed in his life with 95% tread on the outside rimes and down to beyond the markers in the centre he had either driven with low air pressure. or these were the original tyres!
Apprehensive was the understatement after 80km I stoped for the fist break a coffee and a mars bar later we were off again. starting to enjoy the ride but not the weather so stretched the next break to 120km. Came out of the cafe to find the weather had broken and apart from the wind had improved. The last 150 were great no rain but strong winds were making me tired. road speed went up from 90/100 to 120/130kmh. Due to a road accident and diversion in Valencia the total km completed was 395km. The bike was flawless throughout so I'm very impressed with it. New tyres, pads and a clean are the booked for today, then a new iTV for next week. Looking forward to enjoying my new to me very smooth bike.
ZekeVal
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by ZekeVal on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:34 am

Nice! Glad it's running smooth after all this time standing. All she needs is some love and to be ridden now.
Ohh, and we want pictures Wink
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

new bike, got a great bargain just 1,100 euro! the guys wife was mad with him, i just gave him the money got the papers and keys and drove off into the rain.

Post by Busby on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 9:09 am

Last edited by Busby on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Pic of new bike)
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

Bugsby, can you put a photo with more resolution? Thanks.
@Busby wrote:
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

New CB

Post by Busby on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:25 pm

Arrival at Valencia ferry, both of us a bit worse for wear after 350 km in the rain and wind! Busby
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:14 pm

How many CBs will be in that state in the world? I think very few. You've been very lucky.

Enjoy!

@Busby wrote:

Arrival at Valencia ferry, both of us a bit worse for wear after 350 km in the rain and wind! Busby
ZekeVal
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by ZekeVal on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:41 pm

Looks really good, wish mine was so fresh ;P
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Do you speak spanish Busby?
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Busby on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

Hi all, I believe I was! it was advertised at 1500, but needs new tyres and Ive replaced the front and rear brakes yesterday, so I knocked these costs off the price and he accepted! CB tend to hold their prices here in Spain, a lot are not worth the money they are asking. Spanish is not my strong point even less Catalan which they speak in that are of Spain and he did not speak a word of English. I also paid for the transfer, there is a 4% tax here on the sale the transfer itself costs 54 euro and I added in my travel costs. Its been in          Mil nuncios for sometime and we are getting near winter now, so I do think I was lucky.
Busby
cj haughey
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by cj haughey on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:32 pm

Looks a very tidy bike and well wear with her
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Ive same cb 500s sy  same colour has 19k its far from mint....but its not bad...

Last edited by wornsprokets on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Busby on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:57 pm

Hey, I think thats just the difference in weather conditions and no salt on the roads!
CB's and to be fair most bikes tend to wear better in these climates! If I was in the UK I would consider buying a bike from mainland Spain! that way you could make a holiday it at the same time.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 9:06 pm

Mine hasnt seen salt...it not great italian build quality.... but climate doesnt help....not.much rust bar downpipes... its previous bodger owners too
Busby
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Busby on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm

Rolling Eyes  Italin's!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:05 pm