Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CB500S

Fair Weather Rider
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

CB500S

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

If anyone is thinking of bidding on the CB500S that is finishing on eBay tonight, it's not as good as it looks.
Engine paintwork is Oxidizing, front forks same, rear shocks rusting.
Although the paintwork is very good, it needs seeing before you part with any money.
I went to see it yesterday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500S-Very-low-mileage/332400612131?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: CB500S

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 1:49 pm

I dont really see the point on low miles cb 500, the cb 500s ive got with 19k miles has loads of problems from being left up for years...master cylinder seals gone...tyres gone..fork seals gone..camchaintensioner rattling from not being started for 7 plus years... now stator looks to be failing.. rear shocks not great either.... calipers sticking....i prefer average miles bikes with mots and some service history... i wouldnt be paying loads money for bike thats been left up... mine was left up in heated room so there not much rust bar exhaust. Thats about only benefit of low miles and i got it  as price of spares so decided to save it..
Also chain sprokets scrap as say were originals and brake pads broke up too...
ceejay
the 900
the 900

Post by ceejay on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:07 pm

The thing is even if the bike is low mileage it's still 'old' meaning all the rubbers, fluids, sub air filter etc could be iffy which is a lot of work alone. Mine was low mileage and original but because it was original it required a bunch of work because 18 years is long enough for anything rubber to start to perish or any liquids to need replacing.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

Seems like a lot of money - I'd prefer one with 10 or 20 thousand more miles that had been a bit more regularly used. Not sure doing (say) 20 miles a year is really good for a bike, especially if you aren't changing the oil etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm