You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

For graphical work - a CB500 in vector graphics

stormbringer

For graphical work - a CB500 in vector graphics

Post by stormbringer on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 7:58 am

For those wanting to use a picture of the CB500 in graphical work, I've retouched and converted a B/W outline found on the 'net* into a vector graphic.

The advantage with vector graphics is that they are infinitely scalable because they have no 'resolution' or 'pixels' or any of the crap that comes with bitmap art.

Preview (UltraLoRes bitmap format):

The 'real' vector file is in .svg format (InkScape) and can be found on this link:
Google Drive

I would imagine this could go into kids colouring-books (get 'em early!), on billboard posters (go LOUD!), coffee mugs (there's a logo coffee mug for everything - why not one featuring the CB?), on stickers - whatever comes to mind.
Enjoy...

*) Things found on the 'net have authors, but with me having long since forgotten where I found the picture, I'll have to settle for crediting that guy for the great work this was based off. Because surely, I can't draw!
hh_12345
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Re: For graphical work - a CB500 in vector graphics

Post by hh_12345 on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

Thanks, it's looking really good, nicely traced.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:46 am

@stormbringer wrote:For those wanting to use a picture of the CB500 in graphical work, I've retouched and converted a B/W outline found on the 'net* into a vector graphic.

Nice work Stormy. I don't mean to hijack, but I see you have used Servimg to post this pic. Do you find this a good alternative to photobucket?
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:19 am

@Beresford wrote:I see you have used Servimg to post this pic. Do you find this a good alternative to photobucket?

Ermmm - when I use the forum-provided (and thus standard method?) editor function "Host an image", ServImg is what gets chosen for me. It works, thus it must be good.

What's with photobucket? Why would that in any way be better than the editor's approach to adding pictures? Curious George is asking...
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 11:42 am

Photobucket used to be my "go to" for photo hosting, but suddenly they have started charging for the privilege. Which is fine if you are a pro photographer or something like that, but not for my needs. Lots of other users seem to feel the same way too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:11 am