Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

bike thieves

Crash- Elmit
Running out of unique names

bike thieves

Post by Crash- Elmit on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 4:10 am

Just disturbed two scrotes trying to nick the bike. Shocked They have completely destroyed the ignition barrel, thus disabling the steering lock. Mad  they obviously did not see the whopping great disc lock on front brake disc.
 Only knew what was happening because I heard the lock hit the front fork. Sleep

Bike now out of commission until I source new ignition barrel. Evil or Very Mad

can't work out how they were so quiet getting the barrel out - they had to destroy the surround to get at it
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: bike thieves

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:26 am

Lucky you didnt loose your bike... make sure your front disc isnt buckled ...cant leave anything alone now:twisted:
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 8:40 am

I know it's a far from ideal situation but if you need the bike to work hot wire it and run it that way. When you need to park it up unhotwire it and then disconnect the loom at the negative side of the battery.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:26 pm

Bastards. Glad you managed fi interrupt them crash.

Hope you manage to sort the bike out soon.
Crash- Elmit

Post by Crash- Elmit on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

Thanks guys.
Bike now sorted with replacement ignition set, including seat and fuel tank locks so need only one set of keys, and the keys that came with parts had one that looked unused, so will get a spare cut from it and a tag with lock identity numbers on it.

Bike now locked up under cover and has CCTV  coverage. next time I'll just shout SMILE! Laughing
SGdoomtrooper

Post by SGdoomtrooper on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:28 am

I know how this feels, I still regularly get youths on peds coming up my street eyeing up my baby. It's chained to the wall, frame chained to front forks, alarmed disc lock, and bike cover. 2 bikes gone in the past without a happy ending. You can never be too careful! It's more prevalent than ever....
Oafski

Post by Oafski on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 10:43 am

Castration with a broken bottle is too good for these little scrotes!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 3:38 pm

rub their gonads with a cactus plant they might not want to try and rob your bike again Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:14 am