You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Faulty neutral switch

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Faulty neutral switch

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

As cb 500s i have was left up for years going through some of previous owner bodges....the neutral switch doesnt work... so i disconnected wire at the switch and bridged wire to earth...and neutral light comes on so faulty neutral switch....(1) so do i have to drain oil out to replace the switch.....(2) the side stand switch is by passed too... i dont think i fix this... if i have functioning neutral light...but both not working is dodgy....
Fair Weather Rider
the 800
the 800

Re: Faulty neutral switch

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:57 am

In would rather have a side stand switch, than a neutral switch, if I had to make a choice.

Personal choice.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

I'd personally (and have) would rather have a neutral indicator than the sidestand light. By not having the sidestand light you're more aware of the sidestand and it's easy enough to check just by moving your leg out, it becomes like muscle memory or the typical routine of all the bike gear on and now need a wee  Laughing
louis_sutton
the 800
the 800

Post by louis_sutton on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 3:40 pm

Mine was failing when the engine was hot. Pretty easy to remove, did it with a cold engine and lost no oil. It needs a crush washer if I remember correctly (and it does mean digging through the dirt from the chain). Just screws out.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 5:51 pm

Thanks for the advice louis, good to know i dont have to drop the oil....as i just changed it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm