Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Throttle sticking

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Throttle sticking

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 8:50 pm

I changed my headrace bearings during week so i had front end off my cb 500 v for a day.... i had problems with throttle  snapping back.... now front is back on the cb.. the throttle wont snap  back ive lube up throttle cables... stil the same... it wasnt doing this before i did head race bearings.... also have not been able to take throttle cables  out of throttle grip assembly... this is starting to be more of a head ache than headrace bearings was.
skyerae
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Re: Throttle sticking

Post by skyerae on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:21 am

I had a similar issue after not using the bike for over a year and found the throttle sticking. I lubed the cables, the throttle tube and still no joy. i ordered new Honda throttle cables, fitted them and still the same issue. I decided to reroute the cables and made sure the throttle snapped back and this did the trick. The cables ended up going up the middle(ish) of the fuel tank and through the side of the headlight assembly (more or less) For some reason the old set of cables stuck and Honda seemed to make the cables take awfully tight turns for some reason. Not had an issue since which was well over a year ago. I removed the fuel tank and the throttle grip assembly, as well as the carburetors to get the throttle nipples (suits you sir) in situ though.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm