Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Sharing the good experience!

stormbringer

Sharing the good experience!

Post by stormbringer on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 9:36 pm

I've got a good and valued colleague at work. Over the years we've had some good laughs and helped each other to get the best out of this and/or that.

Now, he and his wife and their oldest son all decided to join the biker ranks, acquiring their licenses together. The son already got himself a proper bike - CBR125 - but the parents are still on the lookout.
Being all new at this and having not tried out all the different types available, they are unsure what to choose. Understandable. To make an informed decision, one must have had a chance to try out different models and 'styles'. Choppers/bobbers, touring machines, enduros, sportsbikes and/or the plain commuter bike type. What features to look for - or avoid. So many questions.

Only thing to do was to offer my insight - and in the process demonstrate the CB's virtues.

And so I've been for coffee, a chat about motorcycles and a ride on the CB to have them both see if it fit some/any of their needs.

25 years after its introduction on the global market, the CB did it again! Coming back from test riding it, both of them wore big smiles and said they felt 'instantly at home'.
Adding simple maintenance, reasonable pricing and good build quality to the equation didn't seem to upset anyone either. But the CB's ability to make the rider feel confident and in control seemed to weigh in the most.

Now, I hope they both get a chance to ride other types. Discuss among themselves what the main purpose of their investment(s) will be. And eventually home in on a specific model that fits the requirement. Not showing them the CB seemed like a dumb thing. Trying to be objective, I can't help but still returning to this bike.
We discussed new bikes. The Suzuki GS500. The Kawa ER-5. I urged them to go and test ride some to get a sense of what boxes these bikes would tick. Then compare.

Now, I'm waiting to see what they end up choosing.
hh_12345
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Re: Sharing the good experience!

Post by hh_12345 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:04 am

Some scooters are quite enjoyable also and could be added to the variety of motorcycles.

The cb is a great motorcycle but I think that it is a bit old and it should be considered that this requires some extra commitment.

I was not only riding mine, I would  read through random topics on the forum study. And when the starter would click and the bike would not start scratch I knew that rocking it back and forth would fix it and that I was to open and clean the starter soon.
John_B
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by John_B on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 3:42 pm

hh_12345 wrote:
The cb is a great motorcycle but I think that it is a bit old and it should be considered that this requires some extra commitment.

That is part of the whole motorcycle experience IMO. It makes you more connected with the machine. For people who have the money for dealer servicing, and who are not interested in home maintenance, the new CB500 range is OK for the price. Not as good as our 20 year old CB500s of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:18 am