Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Tanks

Spic

Tanks

Post by Spic on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

Hi all, so im going to convert my 97 CB500 into street scrambler/cafe racer, basically when I feel the need I can switch with ease between the two just by changing the bars to clip ons and swapping the flat seat for a cafe racer humped seat and changing the wheels. So for me to pull this off correctly I see no way I can use the original tank, it's just the wrong shape and looks way to modern for what I'm after, so my question is what other tanks from earlier bikes will fit ? Of course I understand I will have to do some work to get a different tank to fit but I would rather not have to mess around with fuel pipes and taps and would like to if possible fit something that's plug and play(obviously expect for fitting to the frame)
I've searched the net and this site for many hours now and can't really find any info at all ?  The closet I've got is finding a converted bike with a VF750 tank, but there's no information on fitment. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated 
Cheers
Steve
MegaChops

Re: Tanks

Post by MegaChops on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 12:45 am

Hi, ive just been looking though the forum for ideas (ive just got a CB500). Looks like this has been discussed in another board, http://www.cb500club.net/t5044-alternative-petrol-tanks

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:54 pm