Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

When driving your motorbike is your primary hobby

Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

When driving your motorbike is your primary hobby

Post by Hcb on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:36 am

Hi People..

What happens when the motorbike is your unique and primary hobby? And, most important.. What happens when you can´t drive because the weather is very rainy or the temperature is too high..??

Its happens to me when the summer comes. The temperature in Sevilla, Spain, is over 40 Cº. I´m computer technician, and, in summer, there are too much free time, but, the temperature makes it impossible to do anything.

If the motorbike is your primary hobby.. How you feel in this situations?

(Sorry for my English..)

Thanks all!!
Jameshambleton

Re: When driving your motorbike is your primary hobby

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:17 pm

very rainy - Not an issue living in England Wink we get use to it apart from those seasoned riders if there is a chance of rain they won't come out. 

Temperature is too high  - Not an issue living in England Wink Though northern France in 30c heat with high humidity was just a task of opening the vents on my jacket and having it half zipped
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm

Opposite is more likely in the UK - it's too cold to ride. I personally do ride all year round - but there's no denying I do fewer miles between October and March. Even when / if the temperature is manageable (let's say somewhere between 5 and 10 degrees centigrade), the roads can often be wet, damp, greasy, muddy, and generally uninviting. But I still plod on. In short, luckily, the UK climate is cool and temperate - avoiding extremes of high and low to the extent that all year riding is possible.
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:17 pm

The nice thing about the south of Spain is that the rest of the year (except July and August) the temperature is not rising from 25 or 30 cº, so routing is fantastic almost 
all year round. We do not have cold or heat, and most of the time there is sun.

But when July comes, all you can do is lock yourself in the house and put the air conditioning on.

It's a small price to pay for having good weather almost all year round, but it's hard.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:55 pm

I bet there is also less traffic where you live compared to many parts of England. Riding everyday in London is not exactly 'perfect.'
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

liverpool_f_ wrote:I bet there is also less traffic where you live compared to many parts of England. Riding everyday in London is not exactly 'perfect.'

Yes, Liverpool_f_.

But in Madrid, the traffic is horrible as it is in London. Lucky for me, I live in Seville, a small city, compared with London or Madrid.

However.. Nobody answered the cuestion.. 

When you can´t ride.. What is your alternative hobby?
hh_12345
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by hh_12345 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:25 pm

I find  bicycles and radio controlled cars to be a good alternative if one wants control and work on a machine apart from the motorcycle. Very Happy
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 10:07 am

hh_12345 wrote:I find  bicycles and radio controlled cars to be a good alternative if one wants control and work on a machine apart from the motorcycle. Very Happy

Good thing HH.. 

I really like the radio control, but i have bad experience with a gift from my girlfriend.. A little helicopter that i lost in 5 minuts...  Laughing Laughing Laughing
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 8:23 pm

I do various things when not on the bike - photography, DIY, fixing up other bikes Smile
freeride
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by freeride on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

Hcb wrote:The nice thing about the south of Spain is that the rest of the year (except July and August) the temperature is not rising from 25 or 30 cº, so routing is fantastic almost 
all year round. We do not have cold or heat, and most of the time there is sun.

But when July comes, all you can do is lock yourself in the house and put the air conditioning on.

It's a small price to pay for having good weather almost all year round, but it's hard.

I'm in guardamar and I don't unfortunately have my cb with me at the moment but no issues with riding in the high 30's on the cb5. Tomorrow we are push biking round Mar Menor to La Manga 80km's or so and I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather.
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:27 pm

Too cold, put more layers on and keep the bike on the middle of the tyre
Too hot, fill a mountain bike camelbak/backpack with water bladder and run tube inside helmet, worked a treat a few years back in 38 C in the middle of Germany. Unzip the cuffs a little to get cooler air through Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:17 am