Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

fairing pocket

John_B
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

fairing pocket

Post by John_B on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Does anyone have a the pocket which goes in the right of the fairing?

I have found a replacement fairing on't bay. Maybe keeping the pocket in place adds a bit of strength at the weakest point.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: fairing pocket

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:18 pm

I have cb 500s i dont see point of the pocket in fairing.....and it is a very weak point in fairing.....as ive plenty cracks around it.....
John_B
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by John_B on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:20 pm

wornsprokets wrote:I have cb 500s i dont see point of the pocket in fairing.....and it is a very weak point in fairing.....as ive plenty cracks around it.....

Yes. Having forked out for a s/h fairing I am just wondering how to stop it splitting... Probably the pocket wouldn't help much. I may try some big washers round the bolts.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:57 pm

mine is also cracked and it buzzes at a certain RPM which is really irritating. Tried plastex which worked really well for the rest of the fairing but the join is just too small to last. I am thinking of fiberglassing the underside to repair the crack.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:08 pm

Yep mine buzzes..   bit distracting...too... glassfiber inside mite be way to go.....
John_B
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by John_B on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 12:17 am

Idea: cut a panel out of an old left hand fairing to fit the hole where the pocket goes. Stick it in the hole with a fiberglass backing or one of the 'fairing repair kits' from eBay. But is it a good idea? 

Any experience with the fairing repair kits? They may be easier than fiberglass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 12:16 pm