Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Petrol tank / petcock

lesley1969

Petrol tank / petcock

Post by lesley1969 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all been well and enjoying your bikes  Very Happy.  I have a new problem, long story short, i swapped over petrol tanks and when i did so petrol came leaking out where the tank connects to the petcock, when i connected them up, i never noticed if there was a "seal" had come off or even had been on?...anyway i joined it up without one. Now when everything was connected up and i started it up, with just a small amount of fuel in it. I went to take it out to a bike meet on saturday, started it up again to check and it was cool, i filled the tank up, started it up, all good , took it out the garage to warm it up, choke was on, and petrol started peeing out!!....

as i said it seemed to be coming out where the tank and petcock join, do you think a seal/oring? will make a difference. ive taken the tank back off again ...or could there be a blockage somewhere?

Cheers peeps
Lesley confused
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Re: Petrol tank / petcock

Post by ANDYC on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

There should be a small O ring there.
lesley1969

Post by lesley1969 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 8:08 pm

cheers Andy, i got some O rings this afternoon, il try again tomorrow, hopefully that should do the trick  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:07 am