Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Headlamp, clocks needed

00series

Headlamp, clocks needed

Post by 00series on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 3:57 pm

Hi, I have bought a 2000 cb500 with factory half fairing and I would like to convert the front to the standard non faired style as I'm turning into a brat/cafe street bike. I'm looking for the parts I'm assuming i need headlight and clocks plus any relevant brackets, wiring and fittings - if I need other parts would someone with greater knowledge than myself please let me know what I need? If you have the conversion parts for sale thanks to let me know the price? Cheers Bert
00series

Re: Headlamp, clocks needed

Post by 00series on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

I have the original parts for the cb50Os. Original red paint clocks showing 50k miles - happy to swap part x or sell, cheers Bert
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 4:56 pm

@00series wrote:I have the original parts for the cb50Os. Original red paint clocks showing 50k miles - happy to swap part x or sell, cheers Bert

PM sent

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 9:23 pm

Isn't the angle of the front forks different on your S model? May look a bit odd if you convert it.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:51 am

You'll need the yokes to fit the headlight bracket. The angle is the same but it has a different offset. 
And radiator shrouds.
00series

Post by 00series on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

Ok thanks I'll add yokes to the shopping list - i have also been informed that the wiring looms are different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 1:30 am