Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

how easily does your cb500 do 100mph?

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: how easily does your cb500 do 100mph?

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:08 pm

Sb... i believe you have a loobman chain oiler where did you mount the oil bottle on cb?
ZekeVal
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by ZekeVal on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm

wornsprokets wrote:Sb... i believe you have a loobman chain oiler where did you mount the oil bottle on cb?

Literally the thread beneath this one, here: http://www.cb500club.net/t5353-show-us-your-chain-oiler
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 10:26 pm

wornsprokets wrote:Sb... i believe you have a loobman chain oiler where did you mount the oil bottle on cb?

For some reason the chain oiler thread I posted the pictures in, keeps coming up over and over again. Have a look here.

Returning to subject, I failed to mention that my bike will do 180 km/h - inching its way up the last 10 km/h. Definitely well done by a +16 years old bike, upholding spec performance that long.

Still, going this fast on a naked bike is really no fun. Much better to munch miles at a speed that lets you lean comfortably into the wind and relax. 110-130 km/h.

Last edited by stormbringer on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Post by alanp on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 10:49 pm

Mine runs very happily up to 100. It will keep going but I won't! 
Last summer I went touring with friends on bigger faired bikes. On European motorways the cruise speed was between 80-95mph. The bike is fine doing this,  even loaded for camping, but it's not really very good for the rider (I have a Givi screen). If I'd been on my own 70-75mph would have been my choice... This year I'm going with the same group and I must confess that I am going on a Triumph Trophy this time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:10 am