Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

TEC Shocks - Vibration Issues

Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

TEC Shocks - Vibration Issues

Post by Scorgie88 on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 9:52 am

Hi All

I fitted TEC shocks not too long ago, I'm happy with how they work, much better than my saggy old OE ones. The problem I'm having is that ever since I installed them I've been getting a lot of vibration below 4K revs. I can feel it mostly in the tank and it's definitely noticably worse than before I changed the shocks. Has anyone else had this issue after putting TEC shocks on and if so, how did you fix it? My chain and sprockets are fairly new, less than 1000 miles and they're well lubed and adjusted so I'm not sure what else might be causing it.

Thanks as always for any advice.

Rob
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: TEC Shocks - Vibration Issues

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

Ive tecs over two yrs now... u sure its not tank vibrating .... maybe check top rubber mounts of shock to frame
Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Scorgie88 on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:22 am

Could well be the tank. What could I do to reduce the vibrations with that? I thought that it would probably be related to the new shock as it only started when I put them on. They're only a few weeks old so hopefully the rubber mounts are still ok! 

Thanks
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:47 pm

Carb bike? might just be time for a balance?
Wouldn't think new shocks would do this if they mount to the bike correctly? Are they missing any rubber mounts?
Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Scorgie88 on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

Yeah it's a carb one, thanks for that. I'll have to look into getting that done then.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

@Scorgie88 wrote:Could well be the tank. What could I do to reduce the vibrations with that? I thought that it would probably be related to the new shock as it only started when I put them on. They're only a few weeks old so hopefully the rubber mounts are still ok! 

Thanks

There are rubber mounts on the tank: if they're perished or have fallen off then things won't be good, worth a look while you are doing the carb balance (which might also help the vibes).

skyerae
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by skyerae on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 6:32 am

My rubber tank mounts had turned a funny kind of oval shape, which I noticed when I had the tank on and off (many times) sorting out a leaking water pump when topping up the radiator. Ordered new parts from Fowlers and fitted and tank slightly more stable. Didn't really notice it beforehand to be honest but best to check in any case.
Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Scorgie88 on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 11:18 am

Excellent thanks, I'll have a go at taking that all apart this weekend then. 

Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:57 pm