Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Can any Hel brake line users answer this?

liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Can any Hel brake line users answer this?

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:14 pm

Hi all,

Like many, I have upgraded my front brake hose to a steel braided Hel. I have always felt my front brake required a lot of force on the lever to get max stopping power. I know its only single disc and I have never ridden another CB500 to compare but it does feel overly firm.

My question is how many cooper crush washers have others used when installing these hoses? I installed 1 washer, then the banjo union, then another washer and finally the banjo bolt. It has occurred to me recently that if I used the incorrect number (i.e. 2 instead of 1), then the hole in the bolt won't line up correctly with the gallery in the banjo union. If its offset a bit and only part of the hole is protruding into the union, then it will restrict fluid flow and result in an overly firm brake lever.

I don't want to take it apart and measure because that will result in needing to bleed the brakes. Any wisdom is much appreciated.
Jameshambleton

Re: Can any Hel brake line users answer this?

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:55 pm

masterclyinder/caliper, Washer, braided hose, washer, banjobolt.
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

Same here when I fitted my front Hel hose Smile
Loads of power in my front brake but it needs the new pin a bought fitting and the pistons need a little spruce so they retract better.

Check all of the caliper mount and the slider it sits on, clean and re-grease this whilst removing corrosion and it might help?
Other than that, try to bleed the top banjo bolt at the master cylinder as I found a lot of air gathered there after a short ride.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:33 pm

cheers gents. The front calliper has been serviced and the master cylinder rebuilt so maybe I am just expecting too much from a single disk setup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:37 am