Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Rear brake hoses fitment?

skyerae
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Rear brake hoses fitment?

Post by skyerae on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

Took off rear caliper for an overhaul and now refitting a couple of weeks later and cannot remember which brake hose goes to which hole. Have the hoses running over the chainguard side by side and then which goes where - I assume this will matter for the CBS fitted. Any help for an old man who's memory is not what it should be - then again it never has been any good Shocked Any advice gratefully appreciated...................thanks!!
Jameshambleton

Re: Rear brake hoses fitment?

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:13 pm

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArP4grxhMWOpmGkc44wRM-z_-FnB
skyerae
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by skyerae on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:37 pm

After quite a lot of searching on the net and in the Haynes misinformation manual I have discovered that the hose from the PCV runs to the hole that leads to the center caliper while the hose from the rear brake master cylinder leads to the outer pistons. All connected - now just to remove the front calipers and overhaul them as well  Sad
skyerae
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by skyerae on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:42 pm

I am an idiot (my wife reminds me of this quite often), wrong forum for the question asked. This question relates to the VFR I am working on - too long a day and not thinking with much of my brain. Found the answer in any case and will not forget in a rush which is just as well as I have another VFR's brakes to overhaul as well.
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Post by ceejay on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 8:03 am

Haha I did read the original post with the intent of answering the question but I was totally confused by the description to the point where it made me question my own memory so I left it! Now it makes sense, glad you got it sorted!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 11:39 pm