Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

puncture repair kit

jonny10
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

puncture repair kit

Post by jonny10 on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:35 am

Another puncture few days ago and I'm down to my last tyre plug and no Co2 cannisters left. 
Its a pretty crap kit that I have, the reaming tool is one of those wire ones (like a coat hanger) that's a real b'stard to use.
The plugs seem to shear very easily and I've wasted a few during previous repairs & none of the local bike shops seem to stock plugs of any kind, never mind the full kit. 
Anyone recommend a good kit?
hh_12345
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Re: puncture repair kit

Post by hh_12345 on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:36 am

Rema tip top offer a kit that has plugs sold separately  available(online), but I have not used it and the tool in the kit seems to be of the type you described. Their products for bicycles are flawless.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:07 pm

I put a set together consisting of one of these puncture repair kits

and one of these 12 volt compressors

and a 1" lightweight ratchet strap for seating the bead.

The total cost is about £17 on ebay and it all fits in the underseat space along with the toolkit.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 12:20 am

Johhny 10, i bought a kit from horsepower.ie(in meath) i havent used it yet so i cant tell if its a good one or not. He also sells cannister seperately....
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:13 pm

I've also used (with success) one of those 'sticky rubber string' kits similar to the one that Beresford posted a picture of.

Personally I also agree that you are better off buying a little under-seat compressor than using those CO2 cannisters. If you want to keep using the cannisters then they are just soda-siphon bulbs (I believe) like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/iSi-Soda-Syphon-Cartridges-Pack/dp/B002VJSSQG
jonny10
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by jonny10 on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

Yip, that kit and compressor Beresford has looks the business. The reamer tool looks a lot better, sturdy, design than the crap wire one that I've got and I like the stringy plugs too. Time to browse

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm