Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

TT 2017 Schedule

ratatooie
Running out of unique names

TT 2017 Schedule

Post by ratatooie on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:42 am

In case anyone was wanting to tune in to the TT coverage, the updated practice and race schedules can be found 
HERE

If you want to listen to the coverage you can do so online HERE or on AM 1368 Island wide - FM 87.9 in the Douglas area - FM 100.6 in Sulby, Ramsey & the North (at least on the IoM).

On TV, ITV4 usually do a decent job - see HERE for the schedule and MCN also have a presence. They had an interview with McPint on their youtube channel recently, who is now over here. Performance Bikes are also here as I have seen one of the writers up the beer tent. 

For those of us fortunate enough to be on the IoM now, there is the Simon Andrews memorial lap on Sunday at the Grandstand at 10:00am, which had been great in past years (over 4,000 bikes)! So far and even with the Sunday racing, I believe it is still due to go ahead.

Cheers!
Jameshambleton

Re: TT 2017 Schedule

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:08 pm

Thank you very much for the links shal be using a few of them myself!
TheWizardofOdds
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:40 pm

Thanks for that. 

I was watching a youtube video with Cameron Donald commentating on a lap with a honda cb 600rr.  The highest speeds were 180 mph plus I think.  Stupid question, that can't be a bog standard cb 600rr ? Would it be a tuned race number?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm

Yes the engine would be race motor, that be some engine if it was bog standard at that speed  .standard road version is 150-160mph...stil quick bike though
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 8:54 pm

The CBR600RR isn't very fast. A friend of mine has one, and I'm quicker on my CB500S. Well on journeys of over 50 miles anyway..........and through traffic.........
Poor chap gets saddle cramp and has to stop every 17 1/2 minutes for a recuperative ciggy.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:00 pm

@Beresford wrote:The CBR600RR isn't very fast. A friend of mine has one, and I'm quicker on my CB500S. Well on journeys of over 50 miles anyway..........and through traffic.........
Poor chap gets saddle cramp and has to stop every 17 1/2 minutes for a recuperative ciggy.

Only as fast as the rider, it's not what you ride it's how you ride it!
TheWizardofOdds
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:27 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:Yes the engine would be race motor, that be some engine if it was bog standard at that speed  .standard road version is 150-160mph...stil quick bike though

Cheers. Yes, 150 is fine! Heheh. My helmets lifting off my head at 90.  affraid
TheWizardofOdds
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:29 pm

@Beresford wrote:The CBR600RR isn't very fast. A friend of mine has one, and I'm quicker on my CB500S. Well on journeys of over 50 miles anyway..........and through traffic.........

I've read a fair bit about them and from what I can gather the rr is a great bike but really for the track. It seems the F sport is the ticket.  They look nice in the red black livery. Delicious actually.
ratatooie

Post by ratatooie on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 10:03 am

The first race is complete (rarely on a Sunday) and was a bit of a stonker! Gripping stuff! There is a good write up HERE on the official TT website. I won't spoil it in case you are waiting for the ITV coverage.

Today is supposed to be a race day (supersports and chairs), but so far things are postponed until 11:00 for an announcement, but from what I can gather things are unlikely to go ahead beyond a practice, with all roads closed at 12:00.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 10:16 am

Hi ratatooie whats the weather like at the moment over there
ratatooie

Post by ratatooie on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:47 am

@skyrider wrote:Hi ratatooie whats the weather like at the moment over there

Its actually brightening up! Sun is out (ish). Ground is drying up. 

Good news is that the first race is now due to go ahead, with the roads already closed in many places. 

The first race starts at 12:45/13:00 today.

In addition to the detail in the first post, if you search the app called Manx Radio and select the Manx Radio AM station from the Station Select tab at the left hand side, it will stream Radio TT. Coverage will start from around 12:00 I believe.
UKTyler
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

Supersport race put back until !pm today, but the track is drying out according to Manx Radio.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 3:02 pm

@ratatooie wrote:The first race is complete (rarely on a Sunday) and was a bit of a stonker! Gripping stuff! There is a good write up HERE on the official TT website. I won't spoil it in case you are waiting for the ITV coverage.

Today is supposed to be a race day (supersports and chairs), but so far things are postponed until 11:00 for an announcement, but from what I can gather things are unlikely to go ahead beyond a practice, with all roads closed at 12:00.

Cheers for this. Wink
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm

the ferry from the island to heysham has been cancelled tonight so obviously no 02.15 boat from heysham in the morning Neutral so if anyone needs to get in touch with the steam packet reservations they are on 01624 661661
UKTyler
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:04 am

I'm not saying I've been listening to a lot of the TT on Manx radio, but all of my domestic animals are secure during the practice and race sessions.

And I'm nowhere near the IOM.
ratatooie

Post by ratatooie on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 1:21 pm

@UKTyler wrote:I'm not saying I've been listening to a lot of the TT on Manx radio, but all of my domestic animals are secure during the practice and race sessions.

I dare say that you are also aware that certain music reminds you of certain products and should you require advertising services in the aforementioned manner you can get said services from the sponsor of Radio TT...

Incidentally, I discovered only yesterday a really awesome live timing service HERE. You have to sign up, but it only requires an email and name. You get full timings throughout the races and practices from the various speed traps and timing points and there is also a feature where it follows the leader around. It really adds a lot to the experience of listening to it if you can't watch (for example if you are stuck in work...) as you can track whichever rider you want.
UKTyler
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 1:51 pm

I found the link to Manx Radio from the app and then realised the amount of delay on the radio stream. Three bikes can go through before the reports on the radio stream.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

@ratatooie wrote:

@UKTyler wrote:I'm not saying I've been listening to a lot of the TT on Manx radio, but all of my domestic animals are secure during the practice and race sessions.

I dare say that you are also aware that certain music reminds you of certain products and should you require advertising services in the aforementioned manner you can get said services from the sponsor of Radio TT...

Incidentally, I discovered only yesterday a really awesome live timing service HERE. You have to sign up, but it only requires an email and name. You get full timings throughout the races and practices from the various speed traps and timing points and there is also a feature where it follows the leader around. It really adds a lot to the experience of listening to it if you can't watch (for example if you are stuck in work...) as you can track whichever rider you want.
well after reading that I will go and smoke a hamlet cigar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:34 am