Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Puig Screen

Lammydave
Squiddy
Squiddy

Puig Screen

Post by Lammydave on Wed 17 May 2017, 9:52 am

stuck this on today... 10 min job

Melitos
Godly
Godly

Re: Puig Screen

Post by Melitos on Wed 17 May 2017, 3:23 pm

Hi

I had similar shape Puig but more transparent (methinks) fitted on my '95. I didn't notice much difference in the windyness at 60mph and above so it has now been on garage shelf for some time.

BR,
Antti
TheWizardofOdds
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Wed 17 May 2017, 6:54 pm

I really like the unfaired bikes with these screens. I see schaaf has one too now. 

Good work sir.
Fair Weather Rider
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Wed 17 May 2017, 7:17 pm

Look nice, but have no real effect, had one on myER5 didn't notice any difference.
Nice bike though. (Lamydave)
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:19 pm

Yep - I had a very similar one. It made a difference - you only really noticed when you take it off!
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Thu 18 May 2017, 12:42 pm

I have one of these in the dark tint.

I can't say I notice a difference when it's fitted but compaired to when it isn't it must do something!

This photo has made me want to put mine back on again now!
Crash- Elmit
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by Crash- Elmit on Wed 24 May 2017, 6:22 pm

mine stops me from hanging on for dear life when doing more than a ton (when I can get away with it), so it must be reducing the wind blast  considerably
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 24 May 2017, 6:25 pm

@Crash- Elmit wrote:mine stops me from hanging on for dear life when doing more than a ton (when I can get away with it), so it must be reducing the wind blast  considerably

Really, I've not got a screen fitted and I don't notice any difference other than the position of the needles in the clocks
Melitos
Godly
Godly

Post by Melitos on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 7:22 pm

Hi again

I had a test drive with the screen and mainly noticed that it directed the airflow straight to my helmet causing extra stress to neck, so back to the garage shelf it went.

BR,
Antti

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 4:08 pm

Seconded to eternally-t, I've had various screens on my cb5's over the years. If you're regularly on motoryways or at those speeds a little screen will be a few quid very well spent. Its worth it not to arrive at work with neckache and do help if its wet too. Having commuted a 55 mile trip, they're essential imo.

Adjusting the thing will make a big difference though, too upright and you'll get buffeted by the wind deflecting into your lid, too low and you'll get the deflected wind against your neck. Remember to set the headlight beam afterwards too.

Btw I have an unfaired cb5 and a puig screen'd other one. You can tell the difference with the screen!

muttley1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:03 pm