Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

how much shit do you get for riding a cb500??

Grarea
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Re: how much shit do you get for riding a cb500??

Post by Grarea on Thu 11 May 2017, 8:55 pm

Well, I am quite lucky round here.
A lot of people ride bikes for the sake of being on a bike.

Not long ago we were riding around two up on a moped (yup, 50cc)
and we still had people on great big bikes chatting to us smiling and just chatting about enjoying being on two wheels.

The people that seem to have the most interesting conversations are the people with the older than ours bikes. I often see people mooching about on 350s type thing and I saw a lovely old honda 100 the other day (nice guy too).

Back where I was near Heathrow, it was very much a 'how much money have you  spent' type attitude. And that is where it seems to come from eh?
All about the fact that they don't have their own personality and have been sold an idea by the marketing people. All they can do is compare numbers.
My hornet 600 was great for the dual carriageways and motorways, but the cb5 is much better on the little roads round here.

I am still very much a born again noob, (especially in the wet) and am happy progressing gradually (nothing to prove to anyone) but since the dry weather has come out, I am nipping round all sorts of expensive and matching leathered bikes.

Don't they understand how to filter?
Crash- Elmit
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Crash- Elmit on Fri 12 May 2017, 12:01 am

Slightly off topic, but a few years ago I went to the BMF show at Peterborough on  Honda cb250S.
While there I got talking to some BMF members about joining, but as soon as I mentioned the bike I was riding their attitude changed and it seemed as if They did not want to talk to me anymore. One even commented when are you going to get a proper bike? 

Needless to say, I decided not to join if the members had that sort of atttitude
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Mon 15 May 2017, 4:41 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:
Unless you've got the bike at full throttle coming out of corners or dropping the pegs, you don't need anything bigger Wink
Now that sounds like sound advice!

It was mentioned that it's mostly a case of ignore the tossers - I agree. But sometimes those smug weekend riders just get to me. Aaargh!
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 15 May 2017, 6:03 pm

@stormbringer wrote:
@Jameshambleton wrote:
Unless you've got the bike at full throttle coming out of corners or dropping the pegs, you don't need anything bigger Wink
Now that sounds like sound advice!

It was mentioned that it's mostly a case of ignore the tossers - I agree. But sometimes those smug weekend riders just get to me. Aaargh!

So uhh.. cb500 for sale 49k miles, careful owner (3 crashes), recently had replacement engine.....  Laughing
ows
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by ows on Mon 15 May 2017, 8:19 pm

Some people are just morons. As long as you enjoy your bike and have fun who cares about cc? I have a 125, the 500 and 954 and have fun with all for different reasons!
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:04 pm

@ceejay wrote:
I was about to say I hope you've since 'un-tidied' yourself!

Not yet.... my new colleagues still have that fun to come... it's been quite 'fun' not having a beard for a while, but I know I will have another one at some point in the future (probably soon) if only due to laziness... :)
Stevie Gimo

Post by Stevie Gimo on Wed 31 May 2017, 12:46 pm

@Beresford wrote:

@Jameshambleton wrote:Somethings holding me back but I'm not sure what.

Possibly James, you have decided that the primary aim of any ride is to survive it ? Smile

When I ride with my son, before we leave we glance at each other & say "We both go out 'n' we both come back"
Work's for us, it's about enjoying the ride
ar1
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

bigger is not always better

Post by ar1 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:58 pm

Hi CBs i recently bought my self a new xv950 to replace my wonderfull xv535 as is was 20 years old, but in great nick with 9000 miles on her, as i rode to the dealership i had doubts about trading her in, guess what a BIG BIG mistake yes the new bike is good but its heavier, awkward to move and has a crap speedo and suspension, i wished i had kept her, but things could have been worse i could of traded my cb500, which is faster, lighter,more econimical, cheaper to insure and tax, the cb500 is a fantastic machine if looked after and will blow away my xv950 not only on the open road but in traffic too, So size or price does not matter its what you like, can afford, and what suits you,i enjoy your bike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm