Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Turning chromosexual?

stormbringer

Turning chromosexual?

Post by stormbringer on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:23 pm

Rainy day.

I'm spending a few days of vacation, pootling around, waiting for the weather to become at least a little bit spring-like. Obviously, this involves several visits to the shed, putting up new shelving, rearranging cans, bottles and canisters containing all the goodies needed for proper motorcycle care. Simply because it feels good to do.

So, there I am, in the shed with the heater on, a can of beer and the radio on. Nice.

I spot some dust on the CB. I wipe it off, admiring the design while letting my hands follow the curves of the tank.
Then I spot some crud on my recently finished ST70; greasy little blobs on the chrome. The ST has lots of chrome everywhere - twas the order of the day in 1973 that chrome was good, more chrome was better.
Gently remove + polish to mirror. Ahh. Spot more crud. Grab a towel, gently remove dust, then polish...
I didn't even notice, but half an hour went by and I had a wonderful time doing this utterly senseless job.

Anyone but me tried that? And would you think this makes the topic of this thread relevant?
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Re: Turning chromosexual?

Post by skyrider on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 6:38 pm

you can certainly get carried away polishing your pride and joy only last bank holiday weekend on good Friday I dragged the fs1e out from under its blanket and four hours later I was still polishing (good stuff that autosol) it shines nicely now though Very Happy
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 7:15 pm

@skyrider wrote:you can certainly get carried away polishing your pride and joy only last bank holiday weekend on good Friday I dragged the fs1e out from under its blanket and four hours later I was still polishing (good stuff that autosol) it shines nicely now though Very Happy

Would you like to come and do 3 of mine too, would seem a little bit too much to ask Stormbringer as ferries aren't that cheap anymore!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm

thanks james but I think I will leave it just doing the fizz is enough its the only bike I have had in a long while that has chrome on it Very Happy
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:16 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:Would you like to come and do 3 of mine too, would seem a little bit too much to ask Stormbringer as ferries aren't that cheap anymore!

CB's don't have much chrome on them. So what's '3 of mine' ?

It seems I'm not the only one on here that's addicted to chrome then Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:31 pm