Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Gear lever and new biking boots want to occupy same space

Melitos
Godly
Godly

Gear lever and new biking boots want to occupy same space

Post by Melitos on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:06 pm

Hi,

On first ride of the year I noticed that my new boots are considerably thicker than previous ones and I have difficulties to position my toes below gear lever when changing up. I guess that the shaft has splined and lever position can be changed? Has anyone tried this? Has anyone else thick boots? Should I try to find shorter gear lever?

Im over 2000 miles away from my bike right now on a business trip so I thought to ask here since I cannot go and re-position the lever right now.

BR,
Antti

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: Gear lever and new biking boots want to occupy same space

Post by sullivj on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:10 pm

Yes, just undo the pinch bolt, and reposition the lever on the splines. 2 minute job.

If I remember correctly, you have to withdraw the bolt completely to be able to move the lever.
Melitos
Godly
Godly

Post by Melitos on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 8:13 am

Thanks, you were spot on and it was only a 2 minute job.

Although I had to do it twice since the lever was a bit reluctant to slide gently off the splined shaft and after using a bit more force I forgot where the lever was to begin with. Very Happy

BR
Antti
twohoots
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by twohoots on Wed 03 May 2017, 6:08 pm

I think there should be a centre punch point on the end of the shaft which lines up with the "split "in the lever,thus allowing you to allways find OEM position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:27 pm