Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Got to have one moment

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Got to have one moment

Post by muttley1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 4:45 pm

I'm having a "got to get this one" moment - I met an old chap in the local garage, we were both waiting for mot's and  he has a Yamaha fzr1000, 1994 pre Thunderace style, 7k on it, kept on carpet in his house, wants £1250 for it. Its not been ridden for a couple of years and thats a lot of cubes for the money. Reviews are good, summarised as if you see a good one get it and smile forever, so no help there then.

The guy lives 400 yards away and I reckon a deal could be done so v tempting but I know if I go and knock the bike will be coming home. The bike really isn't suited to my riding - I don't do long distance, a roads or peg scraping and it is old too really for touring (an annual event). The cb5 takes some beating for day to day use too so I think the Yamaha would soon become a dry weekend just-to-say-I've-got-one bike...still tempting mind

muttley1

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: Got to have one moment

Post by sullivj on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

At that price, you could try it for a year, and re sell it for the same if you don't use it enough.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 6:32 pm

If it is one of the later twin headlight models go for it. They are nice.
Where else will you get 170mph and under 3 sec. 0-60 for that price?
Also not a lot heavier than a CB500. I think although the later ones had USD front forks, that a suspension upgrade would bring it nicely into the 21st C.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 6:56 pm

I agree with sulli - you could sell it on at this time of year if you didn't like it.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:02 pm

Sound like a bargain... they have thurst for oil.(use semi synthetic) 20 valve engine  (if i remember correctly)..but there seriously fast bike...  at that price you cant loose... see if exup is stil there as they stick regularly and you loose low down power...should be inspection hole in fairing.....think blue spot  r1calipers can fit(but you have to check)for better braking...
Vardypeeps
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:53 pm

Get it at that price and mileage, you might find yourself going on longer rides.
I know the older 600cc versions are great though a bit gutless at the topend so would recommend.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:03 pm

Just do it! (says a man with too many unused bikes in the shed) Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:39 pm