Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

rode a '14 street triple today and...

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: rode a '14 street triple today and...

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 05 May 2017, 10:09 pm

I dont think ive had a bike that want you to grind its pegs on every bend... but cb does.  then i get off it  and   look affraid has it really a top box on it.
ratatooie
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by ratatooie on Mon 08 May 2017, 11:04 am

@Beresford wrote:

@ratatooie wrote: The engine was the only thing on the MT that stood out.

That seems to be the general consensus of all that I have heard and read. Really nice engine and really low rent everything else. But it is a cheap bike, so what else would be expected?

If you can get a low mileage MT09 with the front and back shocks already upgraded to something decent then it would be a good buy. I just resent having to spend another £xxxx on a brand new bike to get the handling up to scratch. I'd also look for one with the updated fuelling maps installed as the original maps felt very very jerky and inconsistent.

I'm also a bit concerned about the general build quality. One of the MTs I tested was from 2014 and already had a substantial amount of rust around the (stock) rear shock.

I read an interesting article recently in Performance Bikes about the recent trend of PCP finance deals and the fact that they have a massive rate of default or non-completion - something like 37%, which means practically that a load of bikers are getting to the three year mark on the financing then handing back the keys for their bikes rather than making the final balloon payment. This means that there is likely to be a pretty big influx of ex-PCP MT09s incoming soon, so prices will probably come way down.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 08 May 2017, 11:10 am

@ratatooie wrote:I read an interesting article recently in Performance Bikes about the recent trend of PCP finance deals and the fact that they have a massive rate of default or non-completion - something like 37%, which means practically that a load of bikers are getting to the three year mark on the financing then handing back the keys for their bikes rather than making the final balloon payment. This means that there is likely to be a pretty big influx of ex-PCP MT09s incoming soon, so prices will probably come way down.

That's fairly interesting to know to be honest. Wouldn't mind a cheap but common sports bike as a race bike in a few years (not an mt09/07) hmm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm