Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Tyres/wheels for winter

Ray Baxter
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Tyres/wheels for winter

Post by Ray Baxter on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:51 pm

Hi guys

I commute to work all year covering about 50 miles each day. generally I'm happy with the CBF, apart from winter grip on slippy days. I live in a rural area of scotland and it;s quite normal t have lots of muck on the road. This evening was no difficult and as I felt my back wheel sliding around, while trying to go forward. I thought there must be some kind of mod for this? any ideas?
Jameshambleton

Re: Tyres/wheels for winter

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

I personally run bt45's as my winter tyre but then again it isn't a cbf500 so tyre choice isn't as vast as yours. What tyres are you currently running?
Ray Baxter
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Ray Baxter on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:21 am

Hi - I e tried a variety of bridge stones and Avon . Neither seem to grip in mid. I'm thinking it's a road tyre. I have never ridden using off road tyres and am guessing that tge chunky tread pattern e would make a diffeeence ?
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:13 am

Off road tyres are exactly that off road, they're terrible for braking distances. I guess you could compromise and use "adventure" tyres though realistically they're just a normal road tyres with wider thread depth.
hh_12345
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by hh_12345 on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 8:01 am

I guess offroad tyres would not perform well on wet/muddy asphalt road, as far as I know they are designed to work well on soft surfaces.

Probably you should look for softer compound road tyres.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:46 am