Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

New bike

arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

New bike

Post by arrison on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 8:22 pm

So, this morning I sold my CB500s (cheers fair weather rider Very Happy ). About 2 hours after it had gone off in the van, I went and collected this

2001 Yamaha Fazer 600. 25k, full delkevic stainless system, braided hoses, rear caliper upraded to one from a fazer 1000, carbon bellypan and hugger. Only had chance to ride it in traffic so far, looking forward to its first proper ride tomorrow

Chrisc54
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Re: New bike

Post by Chrisc54 on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 8:25 pm

arrison wrote:So, this morning I sold my CB500s (cheers fair weather rider Very Happy ). About 2 hours after it had gone off in the van, I went and collected this

2001 Yamaha Fazer 600. 25k, full delkevic stainless system, braided hoses, rear caliper upraded to one from a fazer 1000, carbon bellypan and hugger. Only had chance to ride it in traffic so far, looking forward to its first proper ride tomorrow

very nice
was looking at a few of these before i picked up a cb
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

Best luck with new bike.. i hear those blue spot calipers caught out few people when fazer was new as they were so powerful... pity you couldnt have kept cb500 as second bike.. i hear(not my opinion) the old fazer was better than newer version... but i didnt rider newer one...
Fair Weather Rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

Hope you enjoy your new bike, it looks very nice.
I am well chuffed with the CB500 I bought from you.
By the way on the way back from you the clutch pedal in my van went to the floor and stayed there, had to drive the last 50 miles with no clutch, I am told that it 's a gearbox out job to put new slave cylinder in.

Cheers.
arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by arrison on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:38 am

Fair Weather Rider wrote:Hope you enjoy your new bike, it looks very nice.
I am well chuffed with the CB500 I bought from you.
By the way on the way back from you the clutch pedal in my van went to the floor and stayed there, had to drive the last 50 miles with no clutch, I am told that it 's a gearbox out job to put new slave cylinder in.

Cheers.

Nightmare, is it worth repairing it cost wise? Went in the shed to get my paddock stand out yesterday, realised I've still got a full set of original Honda indicators and an original front brake hose that were meant to go with the bike. I'll box them up and send them on to you some time next week
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 5:54 am

had a blast on a fazer recently, great bike very similar to the cb i think, similar power but a bit more relaxing to ride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:09 am