Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

heat pad

biglee
Rossi
Rossi

heat pad

Post by biglee on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 5:51 pm

hi all just got from ebay/ china a heat pads ? its a heating elemenmt that plugs in to a power pack the the type used for chargeing your phone on the move with a meter of wire attacthed to it so you can put the pad in your glove or in your boot even down your trouses to keep things warm  i used it today it stayed at approx 55 degress for 2 hours useing said charger  have a guess how much this nice little item cost  thats right 99p
stormbringer

Re: heat pad

Post by stormbringer on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 2:59 pm

Hehe. There are lots of nifty little things to be had on eBay for no money. With me being a somewhat digital person, much of the stuff i look for - and find - is centered around programmable gizmos, sensors and other bits for tinkering with electronics.

And yes - it's amazing what a few quid will bring you.

How about a complete microprocessor board, including WiFi, USB and some IO? 3.26£ incl p&p here.
Lots of addon-boards (little screens, relays, sensors etc) for the D1 module here.
How about a voltage/charge/fake-alarm gizmo - quite advanced actually. 15£ incl p&p.
433MHz wireless TX/RX module set. 0.91£ incl p&p.
Arduino R3 board 2.22£ incl p&p.
And the list goes on...

Some people go to the mall, McD's or sit by the slot-machines for a good little time. I spend 2-3£ on eBay and have amusing stuff delivered in the mail.

Heat pads. Noted. No use for those right now, but who knows. However, along that line, perhaps you could find use for a Peltier element which will turn electricity into temperature difference. 1.46£ incl p&p.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 6:12 pm

stormbringer wrote:Hehe. There are lots of nifty little things to be had on eBay for no money.
How about a voltage/charge/fake-alarm gizmo - quite advanced actually. 15£ incl p&p.
Stormbringer, I have no idea what the rest of that kit is for, but that voltage indicator is extremely neat. It looks very easy to instal too.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 9:38 pm

Beresford wrote:
stormbringer wrote:Hehe. There are lots of nifty little things to be had on eBay for no money.
Stormbringer, I have no idea what the rest of that kit is for, but that voltage indicator is extremely neat. It looks very easy to install too.
It is. Here's my take on installation:

Smallest plastic box I could make fit, a rubber grommet for wiring into box, wire, cable tie to hold box to brake line. Assemble, install, job done.
People with more courage/better dexterity might consider installing it into the instrument cluster.

Picture does not show, but the LED blinks slowly yellow, indicating I have an old battery Smile
With engine above idle, the LED lights green, indicating my reg-rec is working properly.

Other options exist. Here's one @ 2.85£. It's even waterproof. Personally I think it gives too much information. Not much of a fan of digital readouts. Takes away your attention.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 1:43 am

stormbringer wrote:Other options exist. Here's one @ 2.85£. It's even waterproof. Personally I think it gives too much information. Not much of a fan of digital readouts. Takes away your attention.
Well if you know of one which is also a clock, that would be useful. There are loads out there but there is usually something wrong with them. Too big and awkward to install for a start.
biglee
Rossi
Rossi

volt meter

Post by biglee on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 4:17 am

hi are these easy to fit ? how do you fit straight to the battery  or some other way
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:49 pm

biglee wrote:hi are these easy to fit ? how do you fit straight to the battery  or some other way

The LED goes straight to the battery. I'd not do that with the meter, as it will drain the battery over time.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:06 pm

I have one of the flashing/colour changing LED type voltmeters on my Tiger,it is wired into the heated grip relay up in the fairing.Possibly not ideal but the voltage drop between the battery and there is negligible.I also have a cheapo digital digital one that is fitted with an Optimate plug so it can be wired straight to the battery on the Tiger or CB500.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm