Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Melitos
Godly
Godly

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Post by Melitos on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

Hi

When I purchased my bike, Krauser K3 panniers were included but not fitted. I have no idea how they should be fixed to bike.
I found some pics from German site but the system between the K-wing plate and bike frame is not very clearly pictured. Also the links to fitting instructions on the German site were dead.

http://www.cb500-wiki.de/doku.php?id=verkleidung_und_anbauteile:gepaecksysteme#krauser_k-wing_koffertraeger

Mine have the same boomerang shape mounting plates and a collection of steel bars, nuts and bolts. Also it might very well be possible that the fitting kit that followe is not even meant to CB500...

BR,
Antti
Melitos
Godly
Godly

Re: Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Post by Melitos on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

Oh well, yesterday I took the parts and started fiddling with them until I figured it out. The bracket bolts to the passenger rear grab / rear rack upper mounting point and indicator mounting point + clamps to low grab. Indicators need to be moved but the bracket has installation point for the indicators as well.

I seem to have about 1.5cm / ½inch clearance between my Fuel exhaust and pannier but I think it is enough since airflow cools the case. Anyway I am not even sure if I will ever use these panniers.

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:14 pm