Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Fuel Exhaust - Overflow hoses

Melitos
Godly
Godly

Fuel Exhaust - Overflow hoses

Post by Melitos on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:39 pm

Hi

Fitted Fuel Exhaust earlier today and found out there is no loop to collect the overflow hoses. What have you done to solve this? Cut the hoses shorter? Make loop with some wire and collect the hoses?

I modified a generic car exhaust mount bobbin by sawing it into two to be used as rubber pad for the center-stand. 

BR,
Antti
Jameshambleton

Re: Fuel Exhaust - Overflow hoses

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:42 pm

Mine just dangle somewhere near the back of the engine I think, never really taken any notice. I'll have a look for you tomorrow
Fair Weather Rider
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:33 am

Mine just dangle in front of the centre stand, I have cut them a little shorter and a wire tie around them to keep them together.

"Oh yes"
Melitos
Godly
Godly

Post by Melitos on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:22 pm

I created a "permanent temporary solution" with two cable ties. One to keep the hoses together and another one to attach the bunch to frame tube just in front of the center stand pivot.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 11:29 am

In my experience of this problem, if you tie the pipes loosely together (with either some wire or a suitable cable tie) then the 'bunch' of pipes sit quite neatly out of the way and don't need any other restraint.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:12 am