Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Renthal 658 'flat/drag' Bars

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Renthal 658 'flat/drag' Bars

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 2:46 pm

Hi,

Any one tried these? particularly on a non-faired CB?

http://road.renthal.com/shop/road-products/road-handlebars/road-se-bars?product_id=1988

Dan
yezmike

Re: Renthal 658 'flat/drag' Bars

Post by yezmike on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

im looking into these as well and have the same question, my thoughts are it should have plenty of cable length as the ultra lows can fit fine
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:00 am

I was more concerned about tank clearance but as much as I like the feel of drag bars I'm not convinced on the look so went with the lower Rizoma ma001 bars which are lower than the Rental 'ultra-low' I'd previously had on there.
yezmike

Post by yezmike on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

yezmike

Post by yezmike on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:07 am

im more concerned about if they will be too low for me... temped with ultra low but dont wnt me be gwtting longer cables as only just got new clutch cable. what are the Rizoma ma001 like compared to the renthal flat bars? what the difference?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

Goto the sites and work out the differences, it's what i did but can't remember the exact figures now.

it all started as i got some drag bars for my Street Triple and felt so much better so fancied changing up the CB.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

should search on the forum for a pic of basil moss' CB - now those are low bars!
yezmike

Post by yezmike on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

thank you for the help, goign to find somewhere local which sell renthal then try both and go from there Very Happy
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

be surprised if they'd let you do anything more than hold them out in the air..... mostly it seems to be just best guess and if you like them try and get everything to work around it.
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm

Been really interested in getting some additional leverage on my CB500 and really like the look of the renthal bars/drag bars with no rise.
The only thing I'm struggling with is how wide you can have them before the standard cables become too short?

700mm?
720mm?
or less than this?

Had a set on my old 600 Bandit and they made it much more flickable due to my gangley frame Smile
yezmike

Post by yezmike on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

i just tried some for size and tbh they are only a little bit wider than standard and then with no rise we will have plenty of length for cables etc, im ordering some now
hh_12345
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by hh_12345 on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

@Vardypeeps wrote:

Been really interested in getting some additional leverage on my CB500 and really like the look of the renthal bars/drag bars with no rise.
The only thing I'm struggling with is how wide you can have them before the standard cables become too short?

700mm?
720mm?
or less than this?

Had a set on my old 600 Bandit and they made it much more flickable due to my gangley frame Smile

I think that renthal lows (736 mm wide/109mm high) are the widest/highest that would not need longer cables.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 5:38 am

I'm torn - I like the feel of wide bars, but I love wriggling through traffic. : - |
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

@trevor machine wrote:I'm torn - I like the feel of wide bars, but I love wriggling through traffic. : - |

Use the wide bars to wiggle quicker due to the increased width Razz
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

@hh_12345 wrote:

@Vardypeeps wrote:

700mm?
720mm?
or less than this?

I think that renthal lows (736 mm wide/109mm high) are the widest/highest that would not need longer cables.

Excellent Thank you! I'll look to get some around 700-720 with no rise, should be perfect then.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

@Vardypeeps wrote:

@trevor machine wrote:I'm torn - I like the feel of wide bars, but I love wriggling through traffic. : - |

Use the wide bars to wiggle quicker due to the increased width Razz

I like your logic!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:07 pm