Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Rear Rack for free

sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Rear Rack for free

Post by sammythespider on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 8:31 pm

Have a rear rack, just taken it off to fit original rear grab rail. size is approx. 8 in x 13 in. Bolts on to where grab rail is now. Probably needs a bit of paint if you are picky but have had it on mine for a year without getting too upset. FREE to pick up in Bradford area, will leave on for a couple of weeks then put it on eBay with postage etc.

Last edited by sammythespider on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Fair Weather Rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: Rear Rack for free

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:37 am

Nice gesture putting up for free to members.

Happy Days.
sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Post by sammythespider on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

Got a couple of bits in the summer for free off members (thank you) so what goes round comes round
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:06 pm

I'm sure that will be good for someone! I've already got a top-box...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:58 pm

I've been on the lookout for a rear rack. A specific brand; Krauser. It's gone out of production, you see. Any idea what brand yours is? If it's a Krauser, I'll pay proper money for it!
sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Post by sammythespider on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:15 am

No name on this one, will try to put pics on site later today, you can have a look and probably recognise whether you want it or not. If I cant manage to get pics on site then send email address and I will attach them. Thanks sam.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:38 am

I'd bet it is a Renntec sport rack or a copy of it...

https://renntec.com/honda-cb500-carrier-in-black.html
sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Post by sammythespider on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 4:52 pm

Yep, I think your right with the Renntec. I have posted pic here if anyone interested. They haven't come out too well but best I can do. 

Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:05 pm

I'd have it if no one else has asked. I'd have to ask you to post it though as I'm in N.Ireland. I had an excellent Rentec rack in the past which I unwisely sold and now I could really use one.
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:51 pm

On the subject of free stuff, I have a part bike if anyone would like to come and get it. I'm looking for either 2 A1 fork stanchions in exchange or £240 to buy some new stanchions. Basically it's a frame with an engine complete with starter, carbs etc.(engine mount lug is broken on 1 side), seat, forks (damaged stanchions), headlight, some handlebars, tail plastics.

I don't really want to start stripping bits off it and posting 'cos I'm a lazy git!!!

location - Swansea
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:02 pm

forgot to say it's 500 R (94?)and the V5 is in my name. The registration number has been changed at some point in the past, but I have the original number plate to show what it was.
sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Post by sammythespider on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 9:23 am

No problem beresford, its yours, It would suit me if you could arrange a carrier to deliver it to you, preferably one with a depot in Bradford, West Yorks. I will drop it off there. Failing that Ill get a price for postage and let you know what to send me. You can email me at chrisoldfieldtodd@hotmail.co.uk and we will sort it out. Sam
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:13 pm

Sigh. Not a Krauser rack - I kinda expected that. Bummer.

If any of you guys stumble upon a Krauser top rack - pleeeease remember me. I've tried advertising in various fora; no luck. Calling dealers - no luck. Writing directly to Krauser - no luck.

Thus, I'm now in a situation where all I can do is wait and hope to be lucky.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

stormbringer wrote:Sigh. Not a Krauser rack - I kinda expected that. Bummer.
Stormbringer, what is special about the Krauser ? I have never seen one.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 6:37 pm

Beresford wrote:Stormbringer, what is special about the Krauser ? I have never seen one.

Neither have I. But the Krauser topbox-lock-mechanism is proprietary (as are the Givi, Hepco-Becker etc.) and with me having Krauser panniers, I'd like to stick to that make.

Krauser's website

Note the C-shaped aluminium clamp. It's called a K-wing and goes with Krauser topboxes. I'm after the rack connecting the K-wing to the CB in a factory-approved way.

Here's a video showing the modular and interconnectable system at work:

Last edited by stormbringer on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added video)
ultrawomble

Post by ultrawomble on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 11:26 pm

sammythespider wrote:Have a rear rack, just taken it off to fit original rear grab rail. size is approx. 8 in x 13 in. Bolts on to where grab rail is now. Probably needs a bit of paint if you are picky but have had it on mine for a year without getting too upset. FREE to pick up in Bradford area, will leave on for a couple of weeks then put it on eBay with postage etc.

Id love one of these ( sorry for cheeky first post) I did pick up a rack but its a long one and I cant for the life of me work out where its supposed to bolt to.
Happy to collect and p/x some beer or beer vouchers.
Womble
sammythespider
Rossi
Rossi

Post by sammythespider on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:28 pm

Sorry, rack now shipped to Beresford in Ireland, but cheers for the offer of beer! thanks sam

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:15 am