Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Honda cb500 rebuild

l.t.racing
Two Tone
Two Tone

Honda cb500 rebuild

Post by l.t.racing on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 7:42 pm

Hi, 

Brought a bike from a member cb1300rider on sunday. 

Was going to strip it down, but looked over it in day light, and too good to make a 3rd race bike from.

So going to turn back to 100% std, may just fit race can for the sound. 

All that will be done for now as its already a clean bike having only done 26k miles, will be a full strip down check parts clean and refit. Got new pair of std bars to fit, need some std bar ends if any one has any, std front flashers to fit, std grips. And a service, and get it on road. Only need to pass test thow. I have always wanted one on road. Im hoping to get most of it stripped and rebuilt tomor. Already gave it a jet wash, and was pissed off with that, as rad was like new on front got too close now got a line of bent finns, pissed off with that. Will take pictures tomor as i start. Even the front engine bolt was free, now that must be a first for a cb500.

Thanks
Jameshambleton

Re: Honda cb500 rebuild

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 7:50 pm

I've got an end can that's unbranded but believed to be a blueflame can, it's stamped race use only on the underside of it.
l.t.racing
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by l.t.racing on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:05 pm

With a link pipe.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:57 pm

l.t.racing wrote: Already gave it a jet wash, and was pissed off with that, as rad was like new on front got too close now got a line of bent finns, pissed off with that.

The bent fins are easy to sort with a little patience. Just use a pair of needle nosed pliers and carefully tease each fin straight. The when all are straight just give it a whizz over with a coat of satin black and voila, looks like new. 
l.t.racing
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by l.t.racing on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

Ya i was going to do this, just few more hours added, justed pissed with my self for getting too close lol.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:38 pm

Theres a cb500s blue one up on ebay at mo has 87k for 585pounds ? Maybe use to you
l.t.racing
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by l.t.racing on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:52 pm

Ya seen that was going to buy it but too far away.
cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 5:20 am

So you are going to return her to her original glory (or almost).
Will keep an eye on this thread Smile

CB500's deserve so much more than being winter hacks
l.t.racing
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by l.t.racing on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:04 am

Ya will be used as a summer toy, started to rebuild it back up last night. I could of spent money on the clean up like plating all the bolts and painting stuff, but dont want to do that yet, will cost about 50quid to get it back on road, fitting new grips, bar ends, and new oil and filter. Then just  need to get new pair of tyres for it.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm