Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

NC500

spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

NC500

Post by spanner monkey on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 12:16 am

So... I'm probably not going to do any of this, this year as a novice as far as bike tours go, I'm just planning on a short run to Brecon, short weekend camp. Short run there and back and easy for a first timer. Kids and time reigning it in. But definately want to start planning NC500 for next year. Anyone else had a go at any part of the route or done the whole thing ?. Road to Applecross very appealing to me, and the thought of wild camping a definite attraction.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Re: NC500

Post by ANDYC on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 12:40 am

I have been to Applecross, it was about 23 years ago. I was in a car due to having the kids with me at the time.
The cragg-na -baa or the pass of the cattle as it is in English is quite daunting, I must admit the snow didn't help.
The views are spectacular if you can take your eyes of the road for long enough to appreciate them.
NC500?
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:23 am

North Coast 500 - scotlands Route 66, top 6 in the world for coastal routes, 

Do you mean Baelach an ba ?.

The route has only recently been promoted in the last couple of years to boost Scottish tourism.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:54 am

That's the one, I believe it to be the highest surfaced road in the British Isles.
The cottage we stayed in had all mod cons, however the nearest neighbour was the last 'black house' in the UK.
This meaning no electricity, gas or water. They were about half a mile away from us.
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:57 am

I have a brand new slumit cub II tent. Never camped in my life.LOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 7:27 am