Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

For sale by a mate locally

sullivj
the 900
the 900

For sale by a mate locally

Post by sullivj on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm

Hardly used before he gave up biking. A bargain for someone:

liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Re: For sale by a mate locally

Post by liverpool_f_ on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:34 pm

I don't suppose you have a size for this. My proportions don't usually fit the bargain gear thats for sale!

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 6:28 am

54" apparently.

I work with the guy, so can get any measurements you need.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 10:31 am

Hi, looks decent kit there, sizes would indeed be good. Iirc euro 54 is uk 32(or34?)

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

Sorry guys, these have now been sold.
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 1:12 pm

I got bargainous leather gear last year that I intended to ahem slim into, which I did briefly. Now I'm struggling to get my old synthestic stuff on. New year resolution went south...
ratatooie
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ratatooie on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm

@spanner monkey wrote:I got bargainous leather gear last year that I intended to ahem slim into, which I did briefly. Now I'm struggling to get my old synthestic stuff on. New year resolution went south...

I'm having a similar dilemma with a set of brilliantly priced Triumph branded leather bike jeans I got from Fleabay. They are a 32" waiste and I am...not. Something to aim toward though!

To that end I bought a cheap push bike to go out on and possibly commute to work on nicer days. Wish me luck...
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:55 pm

@ratatooie wrote:

@spanner monkey wrote:I got bargainous leather gear last year that I intended to ahem slim into, which I did briefly. Now I'm struggling to get my old synthestic stuff on. New year resolution went south...

I'm having a similar dilemma with a set of brilliantly priced Triumph branded leather bike jeans I got from Fleabay. They are a 32" waiste and I am...not. Something to aim toward though!

To that end I bought a cheap push bike to go out on and possibly commute to work on nicer days. Wish me luck...

Yeah I live by two rules. Ride safe and.... Never buy bigger trousers.

Good luck.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 6:58 pm

@ratatooie wrote:

a few years ago I went over for the manx in a motorhome that we had at the time with a push bike on the rack, I was marshalling at joeys so I parked at ramsey  and set off on the bike taking the laxey coast road and up to the gooseneck back road and up to joeys and I have to say that its the first and last time I will ever do that it nearly killed me every bend I came to the road kept going up , one good thing though going back to ramsey I never peddled once I was in danger of burning my brake blocks out Laughing
Crash- Elmit
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by Crash- Elmit on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

now I have had my large bowel removed and a bag fitted I'm not sure I can fit in any of my leathers. the jackets are meant to be a tight fit on the waist to stop them riding up, and my trousers were just right for my waist size. I may have to buy a larger size and use braces to hold them up. cant ride the bike for at least 6 weeks now to allow time for things to heal, and get the abdominal strength back to grip the seat enough
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:13 am

@Crash- Elmit wrote:now I have had my large bowel removed and a bag fitted I'm not sure I can fit in any of my leathers. the jackets are meant to be a tight fit on the waist to stop them riding up, and my trousers were just right for my waist size. I may have to buy a larger size and use braces to hold them up. cant ride the bike for at least 6 weeks now to allow time for things to heal, and get the abdominal strength back to grip the seat enough

I'm sure you can get some bike trousers with braces built in, which might help if you are buying some new ones.

Glad to see you are back on here! There's probably some exercises you can do to help with abdominal strength; might be worth talking to the doctor or physio if they haven't mentioned it already, mind you, you probably have bigger things on your mind right now.
Crash- Elmit
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by Crash- Elmit on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 11:53 am

thanks ET, had to take bike for MOT yesterday to a place in Kettering, about 7 miles round trip. apart from the state of some of the roads with potholes, which jarred my stomach area a bit it was not so bad.
Hopefully at the end of the week I will be able to ride to Northampton where I have a garage, and start to spruce the old girl up a bit ready for summer. I need to clean and respray both wheels, and there is some rust on the stanchions and front yoke area that needs treating
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:19 pm

@Crash- Elmit wrote:thanks ET, had to take bike for MOT yesterday to a place in Kettering, about 7 miles round trip. apart from the state of some of the roads with potholes, which jarred my stomach area a bit it was not so bad.
Hopefully at the end of the week I will be able to ride to Northampton where I have a garage, and start to spruce the old girl up a bit ready for summer. I need to clean and respray both wheels, and there is some rust on the stanchions and front yoke area that needs treating

On mine there is rust on the forks between the the top and bottom yolks (and lots of other places too) - from previous experience on other bikes this often looks worse than it really is - a good dose of Autosol, Peek or other chrome polish (and elbow grease!) can make it look a lot better.

If it's only hurting when you go over the bumps it shouldn't be too bad if you take it easy - don't know what setting you have the rear pre-load set to but you might be able to 'back it off a bit' to ease-up the ride.
Crash- Elmit
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by Crash- Elmit on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:55 am

The shocks are new tec ones, and they are on the second setting, which is probably about right- since going into hospital I have lost weight so now I am only 9and a half stone (down from 10and a half).

I do have a set of shocks with a gas reservoir on ,and an awful lot of spring adjustment plus they are adjustable for length, but they don't have as much travel as the tecs, so they bottom out quite easily

The rust was marked as an advisory on the MOT, so I figured I might as well get the area cleaned up- I will treat the yoke with curust and then spray it, the stanchions may need rechroming but I cannot have the bike off the road while waiting for them to be done so may have to cheat with araldite and a rub down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:53 am