Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Winter Clean

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Winter Clean

Post by sullivj on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 12:37 pm

Rolled the bike out of the garage and gave it a winter clean and ACF treatment. Still looking good for a 17 year old, although the swing arm could do with a refurb.

spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Re: Winter Clean

Post by spanner monkey on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

Looks great. Actually the swing arm is pretty much the only thing I haven't had off and checked on mine. Due its MOT on Tuesday. Should fly through hopefully.
Fair Weather Rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 3:36 pm

Took my Swing Arm off a few weeks ago and gave it a coat of Smooth Black Hammerite, look great now.
It gives a nice hard finish, I am also going to fit some sort of inner mud flap to protect it.

Happy days.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

Did a bit of smooth-riting my swing arms too not so long ago - both are solid as owt, but they're the lipped variety - and it was here that the paint had worn thin. Anyway they're fine now. Did 'em in situ like a nonce, though. Should've dismantled and done proper but I think I managed to get to most of the metal. Going to clean both bikes up with week though as I've not been out much - clean  'em up and have a go at the callipers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm