Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Identity Tags

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Identity Tags

Post by sullivj on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm

Does anyone carry any kind of identity tag / ICE (In Case of Emergency) card, should the worst happen?

There are lots out there that require a paramedic / passer-by, to scan a QR code / sticker on your helmet.  I'm looking for something a bit more 'traditional', that doesn't require technology to read it.

This seems like a reasonable idea.  Does anyone use anything else / better?

http://www.iceid.co.uk/helmet-id/
Jameshambleton

Re: Identity Tags

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 6:22 pm

I've used ICE on my phone since I was about 11 years old, I wouldn't get a tag though.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm

My phone is normally locked in my top box, so not sure that would help.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

Mines always with my wallet in my right hand jacket pocket, been the person that I am I always carry my driving licence, bank card, college card and my nhs donor card. So getting my information and address won't be hard to get hold of.
ratatooie
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ratatooie on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:47 am

I have a serious allergy so have a medical alert bracelet that I should really wear more! To be honest though, I don't tend to wear it as I hate jewellery (other than a watch). I have toyed with the idea of getting my details/allergy engraved into the back of my watch or on the inside of the metal strap, but then I think if the ambulance or hospital people are not expecting it there they probably won't look for it there. 

Similarly, the only times I have food, I'm usually with people who know about my allergy and what to do if I go into anaphylactic shock or I will have asked the waiter about the ingredients - I am that annoying person who asks loads of questions in a restaurant (sorry)!

As to basic details about blood type etc., carrying a card in my wallet or somewhere obvious wouldn't be a bad idea.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 8:43 am

sullivj wrote:Does anyone carry any kind of identity tag / ICE (In Case of Emergency) card, should the worst happen?

There are lots out there that require a paramedic / passer-by, to scan a QR code / sticker on your helmet.  I'm looking for something a bit more 'traditional', that doesn't require technology to read it.

This seems like a reasonable idea.  Does anyone use anything else / better?

http://www.iceid.co.uk/helmet-id/

That's not a bad idea - do you think it's compatible with D-ring helmet straps or were you going to put it somewhere else?

You don't even need to have ICE in your phone - if you have 'home' or something similar that will do :) My current phone is so cheap I don't bother locking it, but I probably would if I had a smartphone, so that's no good.

I think you can do a lot worse than having something in your wallet - doesn't have to be your driving licence, but a card that details whatever you want people to know isn't hard to print out/make.

If you have any allergies/strange conditions (especially related to common medications!) the I would suggest getting a medic-alert bracelet and wearing it - paramedics etc should check for it.

There is always the traditional option - dogtags.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm

I would imagine it's compatible with the d ring type helmet. I'll order one, and let you know.
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm

i have dog tags.. makes me look like a rite cool army guy lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm