Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

2017 plans

burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: 2017 plans

Post by burning_rubber on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

well me and the wife are ridding to mongolia
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 3:41 pm

burning_rubber wrote:well me and the wife are ridding to mongolia

Just round the corner then :) Are you taking the CB500?
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Good idea. Instead of the wife Wink
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Post by ceejay on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 5:43 pm

Nice! How much non-surfaced roads are you expecting to have to tackle?
spanner monkey
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by spanner monkey on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

Getting a tow bar fitted to the new car. MOT on the Cb due end of month
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

Decided to set up on my own this year, breaking/fixing/building/tuning/modifying bikes and selling bikes.
As well as making parts for bikes.
Working on cars, even such performance machines just don't do it for me.
Based near Windsor and mainly working on CB, CBR and CBF's.
Space is limited at the moment so please don't all rush at once, form an orderly queue Very Happy
As a result of this decision I'll be selling off or breaking my other bikes ( fireblade 929 x2, cbf600, cbr400 nc29 and my trusty steed of a workhorse cb500) my track bike will remain with me.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm

Best look with the new business andy...i am sure you be busy...with new business venture..
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

ANDYC wrote:Decided to set up on my own this year, breaking/fixing/building/tuning/modifying bikes and selling bikes.
As well as making parts for bikes.

I'm glad that you've said that, I've got a givi wingrack mounting frame for the cb5 that is discontinued if you want to pattern it?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 8:54 pm

I think unless you're going to mass produce those by diecasting it would be very cost prohibited.
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

ceejay wrote:Nice! How much non-surfaced roads are you expecting to have to tackle?

ha well theres only 80 miles of "road" in Mongolia  so i think there will be alot Smile

ill start a thread soon
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:

burning_rubber wrote:well me and the wife are ridding to mongolia

Just round the corner then Smile  Are you taking the CB500?

yer the same one i took to the track-days, the wife's on a cb250, (she is very small and its a bike she can pick up her self)

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 6:34 am

I
burning_rubber wrote:

ill start a thread soon

Looking forward to reading all about it.
dodger
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by dodger on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 8:01 pm

Will also be following your thread ,done a lot of touring myself over the years but never got to Mongolia ,very interesting and good luck.

while on the subject of good luck ,same goes to Andy C .
jonny10
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by jonny10 on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 4:19 am

wornsprokets wrote:Well i could be wrong but i think bikefest  is a harleydavidson type affair... sorry but i just cant stand them...and the leather crappy waistcoat chapter bike stuff.. ride a harley now and then (if its dry) and do 9-5 in a office monday to friday .. pretend to be sons anarcy at wkds(when its dry) never give u a wave or nod on road ... if its full of that sullivj i wouldnt be happy  . but kerry lovely great roads too.  Loads of those bike gangs here...hells angels...oh and chosen few.... you have to be a knob to get in.... clown

Hate sayin it Worn but, like you said.....you are wrong. I take it you haven't been?
Was there 2015, stayed in Killorglin & rode in for the fest. Kerry (and Killarney of course) was filled with bikes - of all kinds. That's the only time I was there but I believe from talking to many there, that year was no different to any other.  
Sure, there is a big HD thing but that's a sideshow. When they do the big bike run, as seen on Youtube, the locals & all the visiting Yank tourists come out to see the Harleys - probably not the "ordinary" bikes. Maybe they just like chrome & noise. So what??
Point is, that over the whole weekend, there is far far more going on than harley shit, road bikes of all makes, sports stuff, vintage Jap & Brits, duals, trailies, jumble sales, stunts etc etc. Some great bands & parties over the w/end too!
Not sayin this just cos I've got one, I was ther on the CB!
Just sayin like.....if you wanted to put bike tourism off, your'e doin a grand job altogether.
No offence intended - just common sense.
But you are right about the Kerry roads. They are mighty! Especially the Dingle and Beara ones!

I know I'd go again.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 7:16 am

Toying with the idea of a bit of cb500-bsed wild camping. On the couple of times I've done it, I always realise the next day why I don't do it more often. I find it bloody hard work and sleep very elusive. But memory is a devious bastard and you tend to forget the privations. I will hopefully see sense before the weather improves but part of my brain is already toying with variations of tarp shelter w/ bike as part structure a la Mondo Enduro etc. Gotta banish this crap from my mind before it's too late and I'm lying wet and cold in an unknown forest somewhere in Wales with only a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle for company.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 8:24 am

jonny10 wrote:

wornsprokets wrote:Well i could be wrong but i think bikefest  is a harleydavidson type affair... sorry but i just cant stand them...and the leather crappy waistcoat chapter bike stuff.. ride a harley now and then (if its dry) and do 9-5 in a office monday to friday .. pretend to be sons anarcy at wkds(when its dry) never give u a wave or nod on road ... if its full of that sullivj i wouldnt be happy  . but kerry lovely great roads too.  Loads of those bike gangs here...hells angels...oh and chosen few.... you have to be a knob to get in.... clown

Hate sayin it Worn but, like you said.....you are wrong. I take it you haven't been?
Was there 2015, stayed in Killorglin & rode in for the fest. Kerry (and Killarney of course) was filled with bikes - of all kinds. That's the only time I was there but I believe from talking to many there, that year was no different to any other.  
Sure, there is a big HD thing but that's a sideshow. When they do the big bike run, as seen on Youtube, the locals & all the visiting Yank tourists come out to see the Harleys - probably not the "ordinary" bikes. Maybe they just like chrome & noise. So what??
Point is, that over the whole weekend, there is far far more going on than harley shit, road bikes of all makes, sports stuff, vintage Jap & Brits, duals, trailies, jumble sales, stunts etc etc. Some great bands & parties over the w/end too!
Not sayin this just cos I've got one, I was ther on the CB!
Just sayin like.....if you wanted to put bike tourism off, your'e doin a grand job altogether.
No offence intended - just common sense.
But you are right about the Kerry roads. They are mighty! Especially the Dingle and Beara ones!

I know I'd go again.

Thanks for the insight. I'm looking forward to it.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 8:26 am

trevor machine wrote:Toying with the idea of a bit of cb500-bsed wild camping. On the couple of times I've done it, I always realise the next day why I don't do it more often. I find it bloody hard work and sleep very elusive. But memory is a devious bastard and you tend to forget the privations. I will hopefully see sense before the weather improves but part of my brain is already toying with variations of tarp shelter w/ bike as part structure a la Mondo Enduro etc. Gotta banish this crap from my mind before it's too late and I'm lying wet and cold in an unknown forest somewhere in Wales with only a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle for company.

Why not just get a small one man tent Trevor.mthat way, you can at least keep warm and dry.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 9:02 am

I have just that - a Highlander Blackthorn 1. I still nearly managed to get wet in that though, when I pitched in a small copse somewhere near Cambridgeshire. I got a lovely little fire going and had my tent open to feel the full benefit. Next thing I'd nodded off and woke up about three in the morning with rain dribbling onto the groundsheet.

The Blackthorn is a good little tent though - but it's roll in, roll out job. However, is easy to pitch and packs very small and is light, also affordable. I like.

Also, devising an ever-smaller set up becomes a diverting pass-time in itself - no tank bag, no tent, no this that or the other. These bush craft wizards on youtube often have a mad zealous ethos for getting their gear down to fitting in a matchbox. It's a strangely compelling little game to play once you get into it. But yeah - actually getting out there and doing it is different again. ; - )

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 9:31 am

Give me a 5* hotel any day Very Happy
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 9:37 am

yes I think im a bit long in the tooth for tent camping these days, staying in my van or a b&b will do me
ows
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by ows on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 9:40 am

Get out and get more miles in! Trackday road trip and probably a French road trip
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 9:54 am

thinking about a trip to the southern 100 in july the weather should be good and the scenery in the iom brilliant with some excellent racing Very Happy
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 3:27 pm

skyrider wrote:the weather should be good

drunken
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 3:29 pm

sullivj wrote:Give me a 5* hotel any day Very Happy

That's the problem - they don't give 'em. ; - )
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm

Jonny10, havent been to bikefest i stand corrected ,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:00 pm