Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Front engine mounting bolt.

jbwalton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Front engine mounting bolt.

Post by jbwalton on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:23 pm

Can someone confirm that the front engine mounting bolt set up differs between say an 1995 bike to my 2001 model?. My set up does not include spacers. Thanks.
Jameshambleton

Re: Front engine mounting bolt.

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:25 pm

jbwalton wrote:Can someone confirm that the front engine mounting bolt set up differs between say an 1995 bike to my 2001 model?. My set up does not include spacers. Thanks.

Only difference is with the faired version and the naked version. Check out Andy's thread it's rather helpful.
jbwalton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by jbwalton on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 3:03 pm

So the naked bike uses spacers(a longer bolt),the faired bike doesn't?.  the main reason I ask is because I am currently trying to fit a set of Heed engine guards bars. The front bolt they have sent me to use with their kit is 300 mil long the original bolt was under 220 mm so even adding for the thickness of the crash bars there way too long,would they have supplied this 300mm thinking it was for a Naked Bike?.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 3:08 pm

jbwalton wrote:So the naked bike uses spacers(a longer bolt),the faired bike doesn't?.  the main reason I ask is because I am currently trying to fit a set of Heed engine guards bars. The front bolt they have sent me to use with their kit is 300 mil long the original bolt was under 220 mm so even adding for the thickness of the crash bars there way too long,would they have supplied this 300mm thinking it was for a Naked Bike?.

Yeah, the naked bike has spacers, the S-model does not have spacers, it appears (from Haynes) to have a bracket in a slightly different place. I can quite imagine that they have sent you the wrong bolts...
jbwalton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by jbwalton on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info,much appreciated,I'll ask Heed to send a shorter bolt, I'm calculating a 245mm will do the trick.
jbwalton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by jbwalton on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 9:24 pm

Now sorted, anyone ordering Heed engine bars with a faired bike should advise them to send 2 x 245mm bolts. Naked models are 1 x 300mm and 1 x 245mm bolts.

Last edited by jbwalton on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 9:46 pm

I'm glad you got that sorted (touch wood!) - you'll have to post a picture of the bike with the bars fitted!
jbwalton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by jbwalton on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:05 pm

To be fair, you'd get away with a 230mm instead of 245 front bolt on the faired bike,I'm leaving extra in case I ever want to add an extra bracket either side to that bolt for maybe extra lighting (LED).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:23 am