Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Best present?

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Best present?

Post by sullivj on Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm

Merry Christmas one and all.

I wondered what presents (motorcycle related or others) you had received?

For me, I got a very nice book, on the history of BMW bikes.  I also got a sound bomb horn, but it's not fitted yet.

Anyone else got anything I should add to my next Christmas list?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Best present?

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:49 am

I got the Hobbit and LOTR extended edition BluRay boxset (don't try saying that when you're pissed!), the obligatory socks, a very cool t shirt and a jumper Smile
Oh and a bottle of beard softener/moisturiser Laughing
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

My wife got me an ancient Playstation game 'Ducati World Racing' from 2001 (look here) haven't quite had time to crack the Playstation out of its cupboard to try it out, but it looks fun.
ratatooie
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by ratatooie on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 9:25 am

My other half got me a full set of GB Racing engine and frame protection for the Striple (although I did contribute to the cost as it was a bit expensive). Very happy and just keeping my fingers crossed for good weather in which to fit them, although the trouble is whenever there is good weather this time of year, the bike tends to get ridden instead. 

Other than that some decent whisky, beer, aftershave set and socks  cheers

Well 'appy
Vardypeeps
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:36 pm

Full two piece Dainese suit as I had just had quite a big crash wrecking my old gear Sad
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:42 pm

@Vardypeeps wrote:Full two piece Dainese suit as I had just had quite a big crash wrecking my old gear Sad

I've given up buying expensive branded gear because it is always wrecked if I come off the bike. The last jacket I bought as a result is an ebay item at £39 delivered, and for the price, it is excellent - and plain black 'cos I can't stand the usual multi-coloured biker gear aesthetic !!!
Vardypeeps
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by Vardypeeps on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

@Beresford wrote:
@Vardypeeps wrote:Full two piece Dainese suit as I had just had quite a big crash wrecking my old gear :(

I've given up buying expensive branded gear because it is always wrecked if I come off the bike. The last jacket I bought as a result is an ebay item at £39 delivered, and for the price, it is excellent - and plain black 'cos I can't stand the usual multi-coloured biker gear aesthetic !!!

I wouldn't spend this much myself and started getting RST gear but found it fails quickly from daily use (elastic and zips).
Had an old Dainese jacket that had been crashed in three times and still saved my shoulder when I came off this time (7-8years old).
For this reason I swear by their gear and managed to get "last season" suit for £525.
I'm almost certain the metal shoulder pads help disburse impact forces, as I hit the front of a Transit Van at around 25-30mph and managed not to break a bone!

IMO I'm scared of cheaper leather jackets as I don't want to find out the abrasion resistance is bad after coming off!

OH I did treat myself to a 350mm Delkevic Exhaust which currently has no baffle fitted and I love how it's given the CB loads of character :)

Last edited by eternally_troubled on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the formatting...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:22 pm