Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Replacement rear tyre

pompeybiker
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Replacement rear tyre

Post by pompeybiker on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 11:21 am

looking to replace the rear tyre of my CBF500 and you can't seem to get Bt45's anymore so are Maxxis tourmax M6029 tyres any good?
I only use the bike for commuting to work  so any recomendations would be helpful
Thanks.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Replacement rear tyre

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 11:52 am

You certainly can get BT45 for CB500, sadly they don't seem to still make them in the 120/70 and 160/70 sizes for CFB500.

The internet (well some tyre manufacturers websites) say that these will fit:

http://www.metzeler.com/site/uk/products/tyres-catalogue/Roadtec-01.html?version=1055846

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/angel-gt

I've used Maxxis Promax on a different bike and have been perfectly happy with their performance - I 'd be quite happy using Maxxis for something else.
pompeybiker
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by pompeybiker on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:14 pm

OK Thanks
thats why I didn't find any for my bike.
There is a Metzezeler fitted to the front (pilot road 2 on the rear) not sure if different makes of tyres front and rear are a good idea but can't afford 2 tyres
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 6:25 pm

metzeler roadtec 01 are very good apparently, as are dunlop road smarts are also very well rated
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 2:26 pm

pompeybiker wrote:OK Thanks
There is a Metzezeler fitted to the front (pilot road 2 on the rear) not sure if different makes of tyres front and rear are a good idea but can't afford 2 tyres

It won't kill you, at least not instantly :)  I'm sure that it is *different* to having two from the same manufacturer, but other than that it very much depends.  Let's put it this way: there are probably far more important things that you should be concerned about on your bike.

Are the two existing tyres both fairly worn?  If so I would just keep using them until they are mostly worn out, by which time you might have had time to save up for a pair.
pompeybiker
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by pompeybiker on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:33 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:

pompeybiker wrote:OK Thanks

It won't kill you, at least not instantly :)  I'm sure that it is *different* to having two from the same manufacturer, but other than that it very much depends.  Let's put it this way: there are probably far more important things that you should be concerned about on your bike.

Are the two existing tyres both fairly worn?  If so I would just keep using them until they are mostly worn out, by which time you might have had time to save up for a pair.

The front tyre is pretty new with loads of life in it and I only use the bike for commuting so hopefully should be ok :-)
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 3:56 pm

pompeybiker wrote:
The front tyre is pretty new with loads of life in it and I only use the bike for commuting so hopefully should be ok :-)

I would just replace the rear with one that matches the front, if you can get it. With some bikes/tyres the fronts last twice the distance of the rears - this isn't quite the same on the CB500, but the rears do go first.
pompeybiker
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by pompeybiker on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 9:05 pm

Found a metzeler roadtec Z6 on ebay which is similar to the front so I will get that Very Happy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 9:21 am

Cool. That's almost certainly the best way forward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:18 am