Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

CB500 rear wheel

madsundaysurvivor

CB500 rear wheel

Post by madsundaysurvivor on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 6:18 pm

Hello everyone!

I write you from Spain, I would like someone from the club to help me.
I racing in classic class, now I'm preparing a BSA B50 for race, and would like use front and rear (drum brake) wheels of the CB500.

I have to buy the wheels, but before I have a doubt, What is the overall width of the rear hub (drum brake type)?

Thanks and best regards
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: CB500 rear wheel

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:43 am

Cool!

My bike is the rear-disc version so I can't help with this but hopefully someone with the drum-version (pre-1997 with drum brake rear and nissin caliper front disc) will have their wheels off and be able help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect the easiest way to measure this would be to use the wheel spindle poked back through the wheel when it's off the bike and use it to mark off the distance between the two bearings or something like that?
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:14 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:Cool!

My bike is the rear-disc version so I can't help with this but hopefully someone with the drum-version (pre-1997 with drum brake rear and nissin caliper front disc) will have their wheels off and be able help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect the easiest way to measure this would be to use the wheel spindle poked back through the wheel when it's off the bike and use it to mark off the distance between the two bearings or something like that?

aren't the rear wheel spacers the same across all years? If so then it'll be the same width. I'm also looking into this for a mod that I wish to do!
madsundaysurvivor

Post by madsundaysurvivor on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 6:27 pm

thank you,

yes, the most accurate way would be with the spindle, but it is not necessary.

I need the width form the spacer (side sprocket) to the outside of brake anchor plate, and the width without the spacer from sprocket side to the outside of brake anchor plate.

Is a bike for salts flats of bonneville, now I'm trying with Gilera Sp01 real Wheel but is too wide

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:10 pm